Unit icon symbols? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States

M. H. Larsen -> Unit icon symbols? (5/1/2009 7:41:23 AM)

Ok, Im a newbie to this game that I just bought, but it really looks promising.

What I really need and cant find in the manual is a graphic description of all the various symbols/values on the unit/leader icon counters.

I can find some symbols/values, but not all of them.

It really helps to be able to access a units properties at a glance.

Also there is a number in white and sometimes red in regions, which I guess has something to do with supply, but the exact meaning is not quite clear to me.

Michael

Bangui -> RE: Unit icon symbols? (5/4/2009 5:26:42 PM)

Section 4.2.1 in the manual describes the various icons which appear on the unit/leader boxes.  The unit data screen (F4) shows all the numeric base values currently being used.  The red number is the total number of combat units of all types in the region.  The white number is the current amount of strategic transport capacity available.   Hope this helps. 

Treefrog -> RE: Unit icon symbols? (5/4/2009 6:08:48 PM)

You might want to toggle "nato symbols" in the preference screen too.

M. H. Larsen -> RE: Unit icon symbols? (5/4/2009 6:49:20 PM)

Thanks all for your help. After my post and playing a few games while looking through the manual for reference, I have eventually grasped most of it. What would be nice though for a newbie, was to have some kind of summary sheet of the various symbologies used and most important charts. Well, I might produce one myself after a few more games [;)] Great game nonetheless [&o]

Michael

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI