Ai Loves Those Streets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Mods and Scenarios

loyalcitizen -> Ai Loves Those Streets (5/6/2009 6:03:46 AM)

I see the Ai in the streets way too much. Even while defending, they set up in the middle of the street. Then they approach my troops down the middle of the street. They don't bother to move from building to building and stay protected. Anything that can be done? Are there any workarounds? Can I turn pavement into the equivalent of warnings of a minefield to keep the Ai from hanging out on it so much? Can I make troops that enter a street automatically engage a "Seeking Cover" command after 10 seconds?

In the meantime, a note for scenario designers (Strategy 3 Tactics and fans alike):::

If a VP is supposed to be at a crossroads, you don't need to put the flag dead center in the road. The Ai will often sit on top of it to defend it. Off to the side in the hedges will do just fine to get the point across.

I'm loving the game and want to create some replayability. I keep weird hours, so playing against human opponents is rarely an option.

RD Oddball -> RE: Ai Loves Those Streets (5/6/2009 2:55:19 PM)

Thanks for the input LC.  The infantry pathing is based on finding the easiest route.  That'd be my reaction not knowing the specific instances you're citing.  There is currently a "seek cover" portion of the AI behaviour that when they come under fire while moving they'll seek the nearest cover immediately.  Kind of tough to react in detail without seeing specific examples.  We'll look at the VL locations.  Good suggestion.  Since we've never encountered the exact situations you're outlining it didn't require consideration.

Thanks for the feedback.

xe5 -> RE: Ai Loves Those Streets (5/6/2009 10:27:09 PM)

re: VL locations

Easy enough to edit the map.btd text file and move/add/delete VLs. Its a simple megatile (megatile=24m sq game scale) X,Y coordinate system with 0,0 being the upper left megatile. Just dont add/delete exit VLs (eg. 'to Longueville') or youll fug strat map movement. Keep copies of the original and edited .btds and swap them as desired (ie. use originals for H2H play).

Editing VLs will alter tactical gameplay and 'refresh' a tired map when youve learned the AIs favorite approach paths.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI