Naval Leaders (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition

Bonaparte78 -> Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 6:41:58 AM)

What's the role of Naval Leaders (for example we have the Nelson's Fleet)in the game? They count simply as stacks-containers where to attach ships or produce some special bonuses for naval warfare[&:]?
Can someone answer me about that?

arras -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 2:11:07 PM)

You can assign leaders to fleets just like you can to armies and corps. They probably work the same way there. I am not sure however how ranks works while in fleet but I would say fleet is the same level as army so you need 3 stars to command whole force.

morganbj -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 2:59:02 PM)

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that there is no code to affect naval movement and combat with generals.  Of course, someone who knows the code would verify this (Eric?).

Bonaparte78 -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 3:24:58 PM)

So there is no substantial difference between Nelson, Cornwallis or Villeneuve in the game, isn't it [&:]?

arras -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 4:54:05 PM)

You can certainly assign them in to the fleet since that is type of container like army or corps. If they really does affect something or they are just passengers I am not 100% sure but I always assumed it does work the same as with land containers. That would be logical. I do not play too much battles in sea but few times I did fight naval battle in CoG they seemed to made difference, especially in morale. Once I lost much more ships than opponent but still managed to win. I assumed it was leader ability to rally crew and bonus he did gave to fleet what made difference. But that might have been just pure luck.

Anyway, if for some reason leaders doesnt work with fleets as they do with land units that should be addressed. May be even having leaders skilled in naval combat as there are some skiled at leading cavalery would be nice ...and perfectly logical.

Btw: I newer played England but I have always assumed that in scenarios before his death there is leader named Nelson somewhere :)

Mike Parker -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 8:20:35 PM)

I am pretty sure generals have no effect on Naval units.  There are Admirals that are an upgrade to a particular unit, and Nelson is an upgrade to a specific English vessel.

morganbj -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 9:04:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bonaparte78

So there is no substantial difference between Nelson, Cornwallis or Villeneuve in the game, isn't it [&:]?

Those are container names, not leaders per se.

Mus -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/6/2009 9:54:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bonaparte78

Yes there is.

Nelson is a unique admiral ability assigned to HMS Victorny. Cornwallis is a "quality admiral" and Villeneuve is a regular admiral. When there is a battle involving a ship with an admiral ability the ships involved receive a moral bonus of varying levels depending on the quality of the admiral involved.

Admirals in COG EE arent leaders assigned to containers like Generals (Kinda think they ought to be, but maybe more work than its worth?) but are just abilities that you can buy for ships (with exception of Nelson, he is a unique ability that HMS Victory starts with I think).

Also "quality admirals" have fairly high morale requirements I believe so few nations have ships good enough to purchase one.

Bonaparte78 -> RE: Naval Leaders (5/7/2009 6:57:39 AM)

Thank you so much guys [:)]!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI