LOS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day

kallek -> LOS (5/6/2009 3:40:40 PM)

Is it just me or has the "Ninja factor" been upped quite a bit. I have no problems understanding that units under fire will be disoriented, and will have a hard time figuring where fire is coming from, but it seems a bit silly as it is now.
The allies seem to have the hardest time figuring out where fire is coming form.

Is it just me, or do others concur that it seems a bit off compared to other CC releases?

Senior Drill -> RE: LOS (5/6/2009 6:23:51 PM)

Nope. Just you.

RD Oddball -> RE: LOS (5/6/2009 7:18:05 PM)

Kallek are you saying that the enemy soldiers are not appearing quickly enough for your tastes?  i.e. all you continue to see is muzzle flashes and tracers?  I've notice a similar thing but I think there are many correct explanations. 

One has to do with whether or not you can draw a solid bright green LOS line to the location of enemy fire or if it's a darkgreen LOS line.

Next time you see this please take note of what your LOS was to the spot just behind the muzzle flashes.  Screenshots are always helpful to us.

Also, whether it's night time or day will have an effect.

xe5 -> RE: LOS (5/6/2009 10:39:03 PM)

Shoot a back azimuth on those incoming tracer lines until you spot the muzzle flashes. Then add another few meters to determine the approx enemy pos.
Keep in mind that units firing while on Defend orders will remain 'invisible' (ie. unspotted on the enemy's mini map) far longer than units firing on Fire orders.

VicKevlar -> RE: LOS (5/6/2009 10:43:17 PM)

I see the Thumb has arrived. [8D][&o]

Pop smoke and always attack into the ambush. [:D]

kallek -> RE: LOS (5/7/2009 11:10:19 AM)

I don't want it changed, I was just wondering if it has changed since the previous CC games, or it's just me that has gotten less patient. Just gotta be more careful..

dodger bullet -> RE: LOS (5/7/2009 3:26:22 PM)

just return fire to where those suspected muzzle flash are coming from. roe. and by return fire, i mean put everybody in LOS approximity to fire on them. it'll whittle down yer casualties.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI