Flankers not landing on the carrier after intercept (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

makobyte -> Flankers not landing on the carrier after intercept (5/9/2009 5:43:24 AM)

This is a weird problem.
I had a Russian carrier with Flankers and Fulcrums.
I lost 4 Flankers so I sent 4 from shore on a ferry mission to the carrier.
They landed ok.
I assigned the Flankers to patrols in the formation editor.
Here is where I ran into issues.[:-]
As long as the flankers were in their patrols, they returned to the carrier without issue.
But if I needed one group to intercept, when they were done; they would not accept the carrier as a landing point.
Well since the original Bingo was based on the carrier not shore air stations, I lost my Flankers (3 sets of 2) to running out of fuel. [:(]
Anyone else see this issue? [&:]

YankeeAirRat -> RE: Flankers not landing on the carrier after intercept (5/9/2009 8:18:21 AM)

Which database were you using? Which scenario? I have seen issues where the database because of a flag error in the databse would allow you to ferry an aircraft to an aircraft carrier and take off but not land. This use to happen to me in H97 with a IOPG scenario. I found out by accident that in this scenario (a US carrier attacking a Russian Carrier off Iran) I could ferry Irainian P-3's and F-4's to the US carrier. I could take off but the only "legal" airfield to land at was Bandar Abbas.

makobyte -> RE: Flankers not landing on the carrier after intercept (5/9/2009 1:54:13 PM)

The missions was HDS 9, 01.0 Surprise in the Snow, using the PlayersDB.
The strange part is would see the Flankers land if still in formation patrol mode but not after they had been detached to intercept a target.

TonyE -> RE: Flankers not landing on the carrier after intercept (5/9/2009 5:21:37 PM)

if you are using PlayersDB you are in the wrong game forums, that'd be H3ANW, not HCE.

makobyte -> RE: Flankers not landing on the carrier after intercept (5/9/2009 6:04:42 PM)

Ok, that was my mistake.
I guess I am using the default database.
Since I am playing both games I am getting confused.

hermanhum -> Harpoon 3 [ANW] scenarios for the PlayersDB (5/9/2009 9:01:55 PM)

Thanks for trying out the PlayersDB.  Great to see you enjoying both games.  Sorry that this HC scenario has not yet been re-made for use with Harpoon3.  Hopefully, it will be in the not too distant future.  [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI