Neutrality broken (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition

makobyte -> Neutrality broken (5/9/2009 2:04:44 PM)

In playing the HDS 9, 01.0 Surprise in the Snow mission as the Russians (Red Force), I encountered a strange issue.
I know that Blue orders were to only engage me if they detected hostile intent. [8D]
So being Russian I maintained EMCON Alpha and did nothing to initiate hostile intent since I was not happy with the aircraft loadouts I decided to reload all my aircraft. [:'(]
Imagine my surprise when my ships are attacked by NATO forces for no apparent reason. [:-]
Of course in the Russian tradition of self defense I was forced to shoot the rogue aircraft down in waves as they attacked my ships. [X(]
My question is... Is there some kind of logic or conditional setup in the mission setup that tells it to only attack me if I attack them or does it automatically start with a war footing? [&:]
If there is a conditional, what is required to set it? [sm=rolleyes.gif]

CV32 -> RE: Neutrality broken (5/9/2009 2:07:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: makobyte
My question is... Is there some kind of logic or conditional setup in the mission setup that tells it to only attack me if I attack them or does it automatically start with a war footing? [&:] If there is a conditional, what is required to set it?

The AI hates you with a passion, and does not care one iota about your ROE. (In other words, you always start on a war footing).

NefariousKoel -> RE: Neutrality broken (5/9/2009 6:23:28 PM)

Yeah, if it's the opposite color, it's gonna shoot at you. 

The ROEs in the mission orders are just there to give you a more difficult scenario, if you choose to abide by any rules laid out in them.  There's no scripting I've noticed for changing hostilities in a running game.

hermanhum -> Harpoon (5/9/2009 9:04:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: makobyte

My question is... Is there some kind of logic or conditional setup in the mission setup that tells it to only attack me if I attack them or does it automatically start with a war footing? [&:]
If there is a conditional, what is required to set it? [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Conditional postures can be set in a limited way within Harpoon ANW. Unfortunately, they don't currently exist in HCE.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI