Small Arms vs Med Tank (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> Tech Support

Akilla21 -> Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/9/2009 4:57:44 PM)

Ok, so I'm playing a small battle and my Med tank is firing on a German Rifle squad. Now I can understand if the German squad is able to kill the tank commander manning the 50-cal outside of the tank. But what I can't understand for the life of me is how the same rifle squad down to 2 mean with Kar98 single shot rifles is able to kill the driver (well covered by 3-inch Armor steel) the turet gunner(again covered by 3-inch Armor steel) and the main cannon again, covered by 3-inch Armor steel? This is absolutely ridicoulous, now I can understand if they were using 50-cal machine guns but even a 50-cal can't penetrate tank armor. So, how are single shot kar98 rifle is able to kill ever crew member of a Sherman tank?

If the game is trying to build a real-like feeling, it's not working. And if the German's can destroy my tank with small arms, I should be able to destroy a Panzer with my BAR, Thompson and the M1's. Sometimes, my men with Fragmentation Grenades can't even destroy a half-track, so it amazes me that a German rifle crew with 2-MP40's and 4 kar98's can destroy a moving tank. A MOVING TANK!

Andrew Williams -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/9/2009 10:23:47 PM)

Did they have rifle grenades in their equipment?

If they have only Kar98 and machine pistols they won't even fire on a tank.

Anthropoid -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/10/2009 4:19:56 AM)

Panzerfaust

quote:

inexpensive, recoilless German anti-tank weapon of World War II. It consisted of a small, disposable preloaded launch tube firing a high explosive anti-tank warhead, operated by a single soldier. The Panzerfaust remained in service in various versions until the end of the war. The Panzerfaust 150 variant was the basis for the development of the Soviet RPG-2 which later evolved into the RPG-7.

Life's a bitch when a couple little guys in a ditch kill your tank, but then war is hell! [:D]

[image]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3127/bundesarchivbild101i672.jpg[/image]

Andrew Williams -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/10/2009 8:13:55 AM)

yeah even some volksgrenadiere teams have a panzerfaust 60

check the teams on the BG screen to see what they are equipped with.

Akilla21 -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/10/2009 2:48:25 PM)

I'm sure the rifle team may have had a few rifle grenades. And I agree they can do some damage to the tank crew. But how can 2 men remaining in the rifle squad kill covered and conceal tank crews? The other issue I have with some of the fighting, is the range on attacks. I've seen a panzerfaust destroy my tank at 250m's, while my bazooka crew can't destroy a half-track at 25m? And the panzerfaust usually have an inventory of 8 rockets, while my bazooka crew only have 4.

Anthropoid -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/10/2009 3:52:11 PM)

At 250m might have been an ATG? Doubt it was a PzF or a PzShrk.

I agree, some of the AI 'perks' in the game can be a bit annoying. But I tend to think we should be THANKFUL that we have in this game a _challenging_ AI which is not even really that predictable.

Like I said: war is hell, and losing one tank shouldn't matter too much if you are overall following good strategy/tactics.

Akilla21 -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/10/2009 4:34:19 PM)

Good point and I do appreciate the game. But there is room for improvements

Southernland -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/10/2009 8:19:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akilla21

I've seen a panzerfaust destroy my tank at 250m's, while my bazooka crew can't destroy a half-track at 25m? And the panzerfaust usually have an inventory of 8 rockets, while my bazooka crew only have 4.

Think you'll find that'll be a panzerschreck at that range http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerschreck
I've never has a faust fire beyond range Then again I generally keep these teams on ambush or sneak

Senior Drill -> RE: Small Arms vs Med Tank (5/10/2009 8:59:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akilla21

I'm sure the rifle team may have had a few rifle grenades. And I agree they can do some damage to the tank crew. But how can 2 men remaining in the rifle squad kill covered and conceal tank crews? The other issue I have with some of the fighting, is the range on attacks. I've seen a panzerfaust destroy my tank at 250m's, while my bazooka crew can't destroy a half-track at 25m? And the panzerfaust usually have an inventory of 8 rockets, while my bazooka crew only have 4.

Are we playing the same game? Panzerfausts are one weapon = one round. The typical GE team has only one. A few have two. Panzerschrecks have 6 HEAT rounds, M9 Bazookas 5 HEAT and 2 Smoke. The M1 Garand w/ M7 Spigot has 5 HE and 5 HEAT rounds. The K 98k w/Schiessbecher also has 5 HE and 5 HEAT rounds. M7 and Schiessbecher HEAT rounds can penetrate 40mm of armor. At certain angles, a M4 Sherman has less than that for armor protection, not the 76mm you imply.

Get your facts and figures straight, then come back.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI