Awesome (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

jshaniii -> Awesome (5/24/2002 9:01:44 AM)

I've just spent 2 hrs. on the tutorial, but this exceeds my most optimistic hopes for the game. Knowing how Gary likes to fine tune, this will be a classic. Congrats to all.

WarBuddy -> (5/24/2002 10:04:36 AM)

Ya, I finaly just broke down and ordered the game. I've been haunting this website for some time now, and after hearing all the good reports on the game, I just have to have it.

I remember the good fun my friend and I had everytime we played Avalon Hill's "Flat top" when we were kids . Hopefully this game will bring back those memories.

Believe it or not, the last Naval game I ever had was PTO from Koei. For a Genesis game, it kicked ***.

I've been waiting for the ultimate WW2 Naval sim in the pacific. Hopefully this along with the upcoming WITP can feed my hunger!

(I tried PacWar, but it was hard to get a sense of how everything flowed, and the manual did'nt help much. I know the manual was from an early version. I just could'nt get into it. So I began waiting for UV and WITP. I hope the wait for the best Naval wargame is over. Can you Vets tell me if it is?)

Huskalator -> (5/24/2002 11:26:19 AM)

Oh yeah its good. :D

I'm not really a "grognard" and I haven't played any real WW2 Pacific wargames before, but my uneducated opinion is that this game ROCKS! There are few games that can really draw me in like UV does. In major carrier battles I'm literally on the edge of my seat cheering for my dive bombers and praying for my carriers. The first time I conducted a night raid I caused serious damage to Moresby and was so happy, but then my escaping cruisers smacked right into an allied carrier group and were annihlated. It felt so real.

The turn based system is unique and captures the flow of war better than any turn based game I have played. It feels like an RTS to be honest and I mean that in a good way. I'm still a newb so once I understand all of the concepts I look forward to playing some PBEM games.

Awesome job to everyone involved with UV!

LyleGorch -> Very Impressed (5/25/2002 7:56:15 AM)

I am a grognard from way back, and a committed Pacific War player since the day it came out (nearly 10 years!?!?!). I got UV yesterday, printed out the manual (an all-evening affair) and played the tutorial (at least a week or so of it) this evening. I could easily stay up till the wee hours with this one.

Thanks to Matrix for the time and effort and imagination. UV is a grognard's dream -- half the fun is in the micromanagement. The tutorial is great and I am pretty confident in tackling one of the larger scenarios.

Good luck to all and to all a good night.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI