With all due respect (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

itsjustme0770 -> With all due respect (5/25/2002 5:09:18 AM)

I was wondering if I might ask who Michale Musser was. If the team thought him important enough in their lives to dedicate the game to him, I am sure that I would like to know more about him. Thanks very much in advance for your input.

Philbill1 -> (5/25/2002 5:21:30 AM)

I thought about asking this as well. However I wasent sure how the question would be regarded by the Matrix team so I left it go.
Phil

sbond -> (5/25/2002 5:41:28 AM)

Think he worked with the old SSI company, before they were borged.

Spooky -> (5/25/2002 6:30:45 AM)

Seems to have been a SSI fellow in charge of historical research :
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/by_genre/developerId,25876/

He worked with Gary on Pac War, Carrier Strike, Second Front and Western Front ... The SSI Golden Age !

He will be missed by all the true wargamers :(

gunnergoz -> (5/25/2002 8:04:08 AM)

Now that's where I saw the name...

Can anyone fill us in a little about the guy, who knew him personally? Just a little bio and what happened and favorite anectode about the guy? I'm not being morbid, I'd like to know out of respect for someone who helped give me a lot of hours of gaming pleasure based upon the titles I read on that web reference...

David Heath -> (5/25/2002 9:10:21 AM)

He is an old friend of Gary. He has worked on every one of Gary's designs from the start and past away. We felt that it was a good idea to remember him in this way.

David

Joel Billings -> (5/25/2002 10:16:10 AM)

I remember Mike as an outside playtester for SSI games back in the eighties (when we had to mail floppy disks to our outside testers). He worked with Gary on many of his games, testing and providing historical research. I don't remember if they knew each other before Gary started making games for SSI, or if he became a tester first and started to work with Gary later. Either way, they were friends and Mike made a contribution to many of Gary's games. IIRC Mike lived in Texas but that's about all I know.

itsjustme0770 -> Thanks (5/28/2002 7:38:49 PM)

Thanks for providing the insight.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI