US Army & long campaigns (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Skotty -> US Army & long campaigns (10/24/2000 4:53:00 AM)

When putting together a long campaign for the US Army starting in mid 42, my supporting unit but points seemed really low, like around 70 points.... for a amphib assault no less. So I tried the same setup again and then got 50 points for the same type of engagement. Tried again starting in August 44 and got only 15 points for support units on an advance mission. Did the US war factories close up shop for ver 4.4?

Arralen -> (10/24/2000 1:48:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Skotty: When putting together a long campaign for the US Army starting in mid 42, my supporting unit but points seemed really low, like around 70 points....
How much point did you spend for your core force? I'll test this .. Arralen

Arralen -> (10/24/2000 3:13:00 PM)

Tested 9/39 (resulted in x/419 in France and Pacific. Got ~4000 core points, and 4800 supp. (Marokko, amph.) resp. 1100 supp. (Pacific, Advance). Tested again in 12/42 with same result !? Arralen

Skotty -> (10/24/2000 11:26:00 PM)

I seem to have fixed the situation for myself. I was starting the campaign with the points set be the computer, u know "Battle Points XXX" instead of an user input value. That was when I was getting the low support points. I then put in 5000 and started a US gen camp and got 1800 points for an advance mission in 44'. Thanks for takin the time to check it out Arralen [This message has been edited by Skotty (edited October 24, 2000).]

Arralen -> (10/25/2000 12:35:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Skotty: I seem to have fixed the situation for myself. I was starting the campaign with the points set be the computer, u know "Battle Points XXX" instead of an user input value. That was when I was getting the low support points.
Can't be - forgot to mention - I left the points on "XXX", and got the aforementioned (sp?) point values. I have such low supp. points when no core force has actually been purchased - the support points are adjusted according to missions and core force value (buyed units, not points allowed). Arralen

AmmoSgt -> (10/25/2000 10:40:00 AM)

I ran into similar "low to no" points in the support units part of the long campaign following upgrading. playing both US and german ...a bit of tinkering and thinking and puzzling ..led me to consider doing a disk cleaning ....sure enough cleared the problem up just fine....it looks like the upgrades 4.1 or 4.2+ are not cleaning up their temp files following instalation so a start..aseccories..systems tools..disk clean up is a simple and permenant fix ..well..until we upgrade again and i finially get that dang spotter plane i have been hopin for ok maybe it gets killed right away ok fine and maybe it will be expensive ok fine i just gotta a soft spot for O-1's or whatever i may get by way of an eye in the sky ... Gotta luv this game [This message has been edited by AmmoSgt (edited October 25, 2000).]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI