Multiplayer Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day

GaryChildress -> Multiplayer Question (5/25/2009 11:54:34 PM)

OK. I just purchased CCTLD this evening and am in the process of DLing it. While I wait for it to finish I am wondering...

I'd like to try multiplayer at some point. Does the multiplayer for CCTLD operate the same way as for CC Modern Tactics? The reason I ask is I was never able to get multiplayer for CCMT to work on my computer. I have too many firewalls or something going on. I tried lowering the firewalls and stuff and still couldn't get a multiplayer game going. I'm wondering if I will have the same trouble with CCTLD. [:(]

RD Oddball -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/27/2009 9:49:16 PM)

No it's not like CCMT.  CCTLD is human vs. human.   CCMT was 5 v 5.  You don't actually need to lower firewalls you just need to open the correct ports for the correct connection types.  UDP and TCP.  The game documentation has the full list of ports and there has been quite a few posts about it in these forums.  I don't have that info right at my fingertips but I'm sure someone else does and will post accordingly if you want it.

Thanks Gary.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/27/2009 9:54:48 PM)

Sorry Jim

tLD is like CCMT when setting up a H2H game.

You need to allow the CCE.exe through your firewall(s)

and

You need to forward the correct ports from your router to your PC

See this thread for ports
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1945059

Also this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2111039

RD Oddball -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/27/2009 9:56:18 PM)

Sorry I read the post wrong.  Too quickly apparently.  Misunderstood the question.  Sorry Gary and thank you for the correction Andrew.

GaryChildress -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/28/2009 12:34:07 AM)

Thanks for the replies. Alas I will have to fiddle around with my firewalls again and see if I can get the thing to work this time. [:(]

I am having a good time playing the AI, though. So far the AI is better than I expected. [:)]

panzerlehr62 -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/28/2009 1:10:20 AM)

Hello Gary,

If the AI is better then you expected, H2H will blow you away...[:D]

I hope you get your problem solved, because you havnt got the full experience until you play another person.

Gz...

GaryChildress -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/28/2009 2:44:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzerlehr62

Hello Gary,

If the AI is better then you expected, H2H will blow you away...[:D]

I hope you get your problem solved, because you havnt got the full experience until you play another person.

Gz...

I can't wait for the slaughter. [:D]

EDIT: I'm pro-Allies so if I play Axis I won't be dissappointed!

Bandito -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/28/2009 4:26:40 AM)

I love both of the games.  I found that in the first few battles at least in The Longest Day, the battlegroups seem better balanced with the initial set up.  Nice mix of rifles and support weapons, which has translated to more progress made for me on the map.

Mortars, artilleries, and tanks still kick my butt though. :)

GaryChildress -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/28/2009 4:41:36 AM)

Yeah. I just got chewed up in La Fiere Causeway by a couple Hotchkis tanks, mortars and heavy MGs. So far I find that I can win battles by playing conservative and letting the Germans charge into my forces, however, with a 30 minute time limit, unless I charge their positions, there isn't time to really take any objectives without massive casualties.

I'm thinking that a mulitplayer game without time limits or maybe 45min to 1 hour time limits might be nice to play.

GaryChildress -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/31/2009 3:45:29 PM)

Woohoo! Played my first multiplayer game last night against Panzerlehr62. Definitely WAY better than solo play. Thank you Panzerlehr62 for helping me get connected! [&o]

panzerlehr62 -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/31/2009 5:11:53 PM)

Your welcome,

But dam you could'a went easy on me, you didnt have to push me back into the sea on the first battle...[:D]

Gz...

GaryChildress -> RE: Multiplayer Question (5/31/2009 5:34:38 PM)

I lucked out on the first battle. The American setup area was absolutely horrible, tucked away in the SW corner of the map. But you played the cards you were dealt well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI