Blank Screen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support

GaryChildress -> Blank Screen (5/26/2009 9:15:38 AM)

Just DLed this game. When I click to launch the game all I'm getting is a black screen with the cursor visible on it. I can hear the Matrix logo sound in the background but the screen just stays black. Please help!

Currently running Windows XP SP 3
AMD Pehnom 9850 Quad-Core
2.50 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM

Thanks.

Gary

Andrew Williams -> RE: Blank Screen (5/26/2009 9:40:09 AM)

1st up

hold down the ctrl key as you launch the game

The options window will pop up

turn videos off.

Game should now start.

You are probably missing video codecs

GaryChildress -> RE: Blank Screen (5/26/2009 10:43:33 AM)

Thanks. I got the game working now. After I posted this I did the ctrl start and the checkbox next to screen resolution which says "Windowed" was unchecked. I checked it and it seems to be working fine now. I think the game was trying to run in full screen mode and didn't like it for whatever reason so now it is running as a Window instead.

jacksy -> RE: Blank Screen (6/6/2009 1:30:36 PM)

I have the same problem. Im really annoyed I have spent £34 and i dont want to play this in windowed mode. What video codecs do i require to get full screen going?

Senior Drill -> RE: Blank Screen (6/6/2009 8:16:05 PM)

You can try the old Intel Codec at the bottom of the page at http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=17&orderby=dateD

Some of the old codecs (codeces? codecii? ) used for Win95 and earlier MS OS's were depricated (dropped) for WinNT and Win2000 and all later Windows OS's. Running the Intel Codec installer will probably work.

Dev's: If the video's are straight from the original Win95 versions of the games, that is the reason this problem still exists. A few years ago, I re-did all the videos for the CC series using some freeware video converting application, which is now so long uninstalled that I can't remember the name. It saved the vids in the same format but using the Win2000, ME, XP codeces. I believe, but can't swear to, that the videos for CoI were converted ones. At least they were supposed to have been the ones I re-did.

I still have the CC4 and CC5 ones. The zip for CC4 is around 87MB and the one zipped up vid for CC5 a bit over 25MB. Tell me how and where to upload them if you want them.

Tejszd -> RE: Blank Screen (6/6/2009 8:29:17 PM)

The videos for WAR and TLD are .wmv so they should work with Windows Media player, what version do you have installed? It might need to be upgraded to a newer version....

Andrew Williams -> RE: Blank Screen (6/6/2009 11:22:13 PM)

Tejszd is correct Drill.

All vids are in microsofts very own wmv format.

You should only have problems if you have drivers and codecs well out of date.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI