Engineer Teams (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day

GaryChildress -> Engineer Teams (5/28/2009 4:46:56 AM)

Are engineer teams capable of anything special in CCTLD or are they simply infantry teams with a slightly different makeup? I mean, can they blow bridges or set charges or anthing? I notice they have dynamite sticks in their weapons list. But what does this weapon do and how do they use it?

Thanks.

FeurerKrieg -> RE: Engineer Teams (5/28/2009 5:02:27 AM)

When they assault, I've seen them plant the explosive - back up - and them blow the crap out of the enemy unit.

They are also supposed to be able to disarm mines, although I haven't seen that happen.

GaryChildress -> RE: Engineer Teams (5/28/2009 5:08:47 AM)

Wow! I've been cutting the engineers from my battlegroups. Maybe I should keep them! [X(]

They probably get slaughtered though when they charge an enemy position to plant charges I would think.

emerson -> RE: Engineer Teams (5/29/2009 5:42:58 PM)

This experience comes from CC:WaR, but I'm fairly certain it applies: My German squad chucked their explosives at a target during an assault and not only was the American squad decimated but so were two of my other German squads that were also involved in close assault. At least it appeared the casualties were a direct result of the explosives, so use with caution...

panzerlehr62 -> RE: Engineer Teams (5/30/2009 1:28:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

When they assault, I've seen them plant the explosive - back up - and them blow the crap out of the enemy unit.

They are also supposed to be able to disarm mines, although I haven't seen that happen.

Ive seen this too! I order assault, they plant, then 2 of them trip over each other backing up and get blown up!...[:D]

Gz...

squadleader_id -> RE: Engineer Teams (5/30/2009 1:50:55 AM)

AFAIK...the way the CC engine works...engineers prime and throw demo/satchel charges (not plant and backup).
Sometimes when you're assaulting...some of the team members running ahead of the guys throwing the satchel charge will get blown up real good...brutal stuff! [:D]

panzerlehr62 -> RE: Engineer Teams (5/30/2009 2:43:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: squadleader_id

AFAIK...the way the CC engine works...engineers prime and throw demo/satchel charges (not plant and backup).
Sometimes when you're assaulting...some of the team members running ahead of the guys throwing the satchel charge will get blown up real good...brutal stuff! [:D]

I was just being funny.

But sometimes the end result is the same, definitly its a crap shoot sometimes whos going to get the worst of that KAABOOM!. [:D]

Gz...

samarobriva -> RE: Engineer Teams (5/30/2009 11:53:31 AM)

Yes true but with a support assault team and a good leader team it can be deadly !!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI