Korea in Modern War 2 Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

dudalb_slith -> Korea in Modern War 2 Question (5/30/2009 4:10:46 AM)

In Modern Wars 2, will the Korean game include just the 1950-53 war, or will it also include hypothetical battles from more recent periods into the near future.
I admit that Dear Leader's latest antics prompted this question...

Jason Petho -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (5/30/2009 5:50:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudalb

In Modern Wars 2, will the Korean game include just the 1950-53 war, or will it also include hypothetical battles from more recent periods into the near future.
I admit that Dear Leader's latest antics prompted this question...

Modern Wars: Volume II will include the Korean War, circa 1950-1953. At the request of the designer, the game will be limited to that theatre.

A future UPDATE for Modern Wars: Volume I will include North and South Korean forces up to 1985 for the Vietnam game to create hypothetical battles.

Jason Petho

auHobbes37 -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (5/30/2009 3:35:50 PM)

How about the invasion of Goa, 1961?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vijay_(1961)

Jason Petho -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (5/30/2009 7:39:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: auHobbes37

How about the invasion of Goa, 1961?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Vijay_(1961)

Modern Wars: Volume 3 is on the drawing board - Afghanistan, Iran - Iraq War, Indo-Pakistan Wars, etc.

Lots of potential to explore, that is for sure!!

Jason Petho

andym -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (5/31/2009 6:36:13 PM)

which volume will cover NATO v SOVPACT?

Jason Petho -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (5/31/2009 9:33:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: andym

which volume will cover NATO v SOVPACT?

Modern Wars: Volume 2

NATO vs Warsaw Pact

and

Korea

Jason Petho

auHobbes37 -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/1/2009 6:44:37 PM)

Jason

Where does Matrix get the pics for the commanders? What if I sent you a photo of my dad (who will turn 80 in July) as a second louie in Korea c. winter of 1952? Would Matrix use it?

I would have to find the pic and scan it. It would be a great tribute

andym -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/1/2009 9:45:29 PM)

auhobbes,thats would be an awesome tribute!i wonder if i could get a pic of my old man from when he was in the REME and do the same.

Jason Petho -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/1/2009 9:52:59 PM)

quote:

Jason

What if I sent you a photo of my dad (who will turn 80 in July) as a second louie in Korea c. winter of 1952? Would Matrix use it?

I would have to find the pic and scan it. It would be a great tribute

Absolutely, that can be done!

Jason Petho

Warhorse -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/2/2009 1:18:10 AM)

Awesome idea!! This is what I had in mind when I created the Korean War, it is so neglected, I wanted it to be a tribute to all that served in it. That is the reason I requested it only cover the actual conflict time frame.

Mike

auHobbes37 -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/8/2009 1:09:29 AM)

I am on my way to visit my parents as we speak. I will see if I can find the photo and scan it. Does it need to be cropped down to size?

Jason Petho -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/8/2009 1:11:33 AM)

quote:

I am on my way to visit my parents as we speak. I will see if I can find the photo and scan it. Does it need to be cropped down to size?

No worries, I can do any editing if it is required.

Jason Petho

auHobbes37 -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/19/2009 8:21:51 PM)

Just got back from my dad's --- he is happy to do it--- I have the photo, will scan send it to you.

There's actually three guys in the photo, any of them would make good commander icons.

I am going to take it to a Photo store and have them make a nice copy of it so I can have one to hang in my office.

Jason Petho -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (6/19/2009 8:43:38 PM)

Brilliant news indeed!

Jason Petho

HobbesACW -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/12/2009 2:33:39 PM)

Glad to hear Korea is still in the pipeline - and a great idea to include shots of veterans in the game.
As it's a lazy Sunday I thought I might post a few screenshots of the Korean scenario I made for Warhorse's mod
a few years ago but I can't work out how to post a screenshot. Is it not possible to upload a screenshot to the Matrix site?

Cheers, Chris

junk2drive -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/12/2009 3:11:15 PM)

Click the post reply button and a new window will popup  with an attachment choice at the bottom.

HobbesACW -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/12/2009 4:07:20 PM)

Thanks Junk. I tried but am told at 450kb the file is too large.
Cheers, Chris

V22 Osprey -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/12/2009 4:57:58 PM)

Dont forget Communist China in Korea.

Warhorse -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/13/2009 1:58:23 AM)

Don't worry, they were the first nation I worked on, quite extensively I might add!! I have quite a good collection of Korean War books, since I had a used bookstore, also bought a dedicated oob book, with all the countries included!! Very valuable resource, well worth the $75.00 I paid for it!!

Mike

V22 Osprey -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/13/2009 3:01:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Don't worry, they were the first nation I worked on, quite extensively I might add!! I have quite a good collection of Korean War books, since I had a used bookstore, also bought a dedicated oob book, with all the countries included!! Very valuable resource, well worth the $75.00 I paid for it!!

Mike

I was just making sure, as alot of people dont know nothing about the korean war and they think its just North Korea vs South Korea when there were more nations involved.Good it see its covered, but of course china is covered since this is a forum full of military history buffs(Including myself).[:D]

Warhorse -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/14/2009 12:36:36 AM)

Never hurts to make sure, no??!! Even the Luxembourg platoon is in there, pretty sure I got everyone, and authentic formations also!

A summary of nations covered:

UN Forces:
South Africa-Air units only(No. 2 "Cheetah" Squadron)
France- French Battalion, also Frigate La Grandiere
Belgium-Corps Volontaires Corea (Belgium Battalion, with Luxembourg platoon)
ANZAC-Royal Australian Regiment, Royal New Zealand Artillery
U.S.A.-All Corps involved in the Eight Army, including colored units, as well as special task forces, and of course all Marine formations.
UK-All brigades and formations involved.
Greece-Greek (Hellenic) Expeditionary Force.
Colombia-Batallon Colombia
Canada-All regiments and units involved.
ROK-All Corps and units involved, appropriately assigned to correct US formations according to dates served. Includes KATCOMS and KATUSA, as well as   KMC formations.

Thailand-units of the 21st Infantry Regiment, Royal Thai Army. As well as five frigates.
Turkey-Turkish Brigade (actually rotating units of 4 brigades).
Ethiopia-Kagnew (Conquerers) battalion.
Philippines-PEFTOK, 5 battalion conmbat teams, rotated throughout the conflict.
Netherlands-NDUN, or Nederlands Detachment Verenigde Naties, Netherlands Battalion, also naval units.

All UN forces appropriately assigned to proper US or UK forces as historical, as well as available as an individual unit.

Communist Forces:
North Korea-All known KPA units involved
Communist China-All known CCF units involved.
Soviet Union-Although officially having denied direct involvement, this is untrue, included are air units, as well as Air defense formations.

I've strived to be as thorough as I could be with this project, I hope it is received well!!

Mike

V22 Osprey -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/14/2009 3:28:56 AM)

Wow, looking good.

You are already working on vol II?

This must mean Modern Wars:Vol I is very close to release, and you guys are just doing finishing touches.

This is great.[:D]

Keep up the good work.[&o]

1 Question, any thought or consideration for a Civil War/Napoleonic Wars Game using the JTCS engine?The Battleground Series is good, but it lacks the versatility of the JTCS engine.(Just the fact you guys are making Modern Wars of Different conflicts beyond WW2 shows its versatility).
Plus, I would like a Civil War/ Napoleonic Wargame that has full editors(Even HPS lacks a full map editor).I imagine you would make the game think the infantry Companies/Brigades as tanks, and then use the armor facing effects to simulate facing.I think this can be done, and would send all other Napoleonic/Civil War wargames a run for their money.Imagine covering all the civil war Battles in one title.[8D][&o]

Legionaer -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/17/2009 12:24:07 PM)

Mike,

i´m looking forward too to your excellent Mod! The first version was already very good, i do not know why only a few people shows interest?

Maybe i will have the same "problem" with my Cold War Europe Version.

Stefan

Warhorse -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/17/2009 9:11:44 PM)

Hello stefan!!

Thank you very much! I think the problem is that most folks like to play scenario's already made, I know myself am not a scenario maker very well, although I try! I'm very excited to see your mod, I'm still tinkering with the West German add-on you did, mostly updating the graphics, added a few vehicles they used early on. You do very nice work, it will be great!

Mike

Legionaer -> RE: Korea in Modern War 2 Question (7/27/2009 12:00:12 PM)

Mike, thank you too!

quote:

I think the problem is that most folks like to play scenario's already made, I know myself am not a scenario maker very well, although I try!

I agree with you complete and it is hard for me too to create balanced scenarios. I have not a hand for them and i do not like to create maps. Yeah, so i try it again and again ...

Stefan

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI