1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge

SeanD -> 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/2/2009 4:44:35 PM)

Hi guys,

We're going to be releasing the public 1.08.00 beta update to full official release shortly and I'm putting out a general call to anyone who has critical issues outstanding pertaining to this update. If you have found anything to suggest that the game is substantially less stable with the beta update AND you have saved game files or hard evidence as to how to reliably reproduce the problem please post here. We want to make sure that the 1.08.00 official update will enhance the Hired Guns experience as much as possible.

Stealth_Hitman -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/2/2009 6:52:30 PM)

Yay, will the patch be put on the download support section? I don't bother with registering my games for member section. Got own over 100 pc games need more storage space in closet :p

Mack the Knife -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/2/2009 9:11:50 PM)

hey sean,

this has been reported by others and i don't have a specific save to send you as it just happens sometimes and i just restart and continue playing. i did not play 1.07.001 very long but it seems that since 1.08, the game will crash when i go to load a save (saves are 1.08 as well). i'll start up and load up my last save, i'll do something stupid and want to start over, i'll ESC and re-load the same save i was just playing and crash-ola.

Deathifier -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/3/2009 1:38:45 PM)

Not had any crashes, slowdowns, or other instability issues in 1.08 even after several hours of playing.

I did encounter some amusing animation glitches though.
Half my mercs decided they would start floating across the ground instead of running on the mines map, which started after they manned, and then left, the fixed MG's.
I also had one merc climb up a watchtower ladder, sideways... and merc's manning MG's from about 5m away.

I have a save with the floating merc's, and it persists after reload :)

- Deathifier

SeanD -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/3/2009 4:06:14 PM)

Deathifier,

Please check your PM. I will provide you with an email address to send the save to.

Thanks!

Sean

Deathifier -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/8/2009 12:30:54 PM)

Saves sent :)

A couple of minor issues to add to the list:

There is no loading image for the crossroads, it's just showing blank for me.
The AK-108 description has AK-107 written in it - either the gun should be named AK-107, or the description should use AK-108.

Bye,
Deathifier

SeanD -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/8/2009 7:28:09 PM)

Received, thanks!

Hard Sarge -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/17/2009 7:39:44 PM)

what is happening to the money ?

I had 1300 or so left when I started game, spent 300 for the paperwork, then looted money, why when I leave the sector, I have 0 money ?

xeryx -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/18/2009 1:22:15 AM)

Hello Guys!!

I will introduce myself, I am Xeryx.. I live in the US and have had a huge affinity for Turn based Strategy Games since I was 15, (I'm now 38) I also mod publicly as well, I have been modding Medieval 2 Kingdom's Battle and Campaign AI's now for 2 years. It is finally getting to be a halfway decent game. After 3K + hours modding ! It is time to relax and enjoy a new game.

I found this one completely by accident (Yippie), and I had to DL it immediately, as JA2 was one of my top 5 games. Thank you Matrix (my theme, LOL) Trisynergy and My new Russian Friends!!

Since it is summer, I cannot dedicate my life to this, like I did the XAI mod, at least until fall

Maybe, I can bring more input to you guys! I will look around and see what is going on here, and post my feedback for bugs or balance issues, as I play! I am very excited..as you see It got my real first post, in these forums!

I moved my other post, it fits better here.

I am going to uninstall 1.5b mod before I start posting, to insure a good baseline.

I did however notice 2 things with that mod installed maybe soemone can try this out.

1) The 2nd map the Blocked Crossing, I have had 3 instances, of the terrain portion going black, it is not going through the AI's turn. it is as if it is physically moved out into space.

2) Train Depot : The turret guns are just about impossible to use, I have tried a ton of combinations. I did manage to get them to fire once at a valid target, by putting max aim and and auto on. Normally though it acts as iff the LOS is all hosed up.

have a great day
Xeryx

Anthropoid -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/27/2009 1:20:33 AM)

Already post this in the Tech section. I've got a game where using Fisher's 40mm grenade launcher seems to cause the game to lock up.

Hzrd00 -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/27/2009 5:53:39 PM)

I'm unsure if this is a "Bug" or not but it is damned annoying. I noticed this problem after taking the AP and then the Training Base, got the Email to meet the client in Xroads but chose to retake the port first. This is the weird part: when after the first few hits on enemy in the fire fight, if I drop a merc to prone after taking a shot they always appear to face the wrong direction (map shows the enemy that was just fired upon to the south and the merc that fired is facing north.)This is rather problematic as it always seem to be best strategy to face the direction you want to shoot at. Has anyone else experienced this?

DiggyDad -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/28/2009 4:32:22 PM)

Hello. Just bought the game and updated to 1.08. On the tactical map I can't scroll up and down, side to side is no problem however. I have enabled/disabled mouse scrolling to use arrow keys, changed video settings and still can't scroll up and down. The game is still playable using the mini-map but it is too much of an irritation to enjoy. Pretty disappointing, hope I'm just doing something stupid or someone knows a solution. Thanks!

Anthropoid -> RE: 1.08.00 - Call for Bugs (6/29/2009 2:11:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DiggyDad

Hello. Just bought the game and updated to 1.08. On the tactical map I can't scroll up and down, side to side is no problem however. I have enabled/disabled mouse scrolling to use arrow keys, changed video settings and still can't scroll up and down. The game is still playable using the mini-map but it is too much of an irritation to enjoy. Pretty disappointing, hope I'm just doing something stupid or someone knows a solution. Thanks!

Had the same problem for awhile when I first started. Basically figured out that the camera control is a bit wiggy.

With cursor over the map try holding down right mouse button and then move angle with mouse to a different angle. You should then be able to zoom and scroll.

It might actually be some other hot-key or combination of mouse-key commands that get it to work . . . I fiddled with it for quite a while before it finally got to working for me. But now it works fine (well except the camera won't always zoom like you want, but that seems to be a perennial part of the app).

I wish the user interface and controls for the camera controls were well-documented somewhere![:@]

From time to time I've managed to zoom WAY in close and pan around and zoom out, pan-around, etc., etc. and the detail in the game is EXQUISITE and moreover, the detail is very much tied up with good tactics. However, the inability to do this at any time seems annoying . . . or at least not being sure if it is WAD or not.

It might be that limited zooming is part of WAD, because I seem to notice you can zoom better AFTER you have moved into an area and "removed" fog of war??

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI