CC ABTF (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

jacksy -> CC ABTF (6/5/2009 12:19:48 PM)

New to these forums so not sure im in right place for this question...will matrix be doing and overhaul of CC ABTF in the near furure? As they have done for COI and CCTLD
cheers

JudgeDredd -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 12:34:32 PM)

As far as I am aware, yes...I'm certainly holding out for it.

As a stop gap, I could recommend The Longest Day....a great game.

And welcome

jacksy -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 2:10:13 PM)

Cheers JD
           excellent news..abtf is by far my fave of the series and 12+ years on i still aint found a game better.

ps any idea on the release date? is there any info pages on it etc?

sapper_astro -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 2:37:44 PM)

I replayed the campaign not long ago on my win98 machine.

Apart from making it easier to run on a new machine, what enhancements would you like with an updated version Jack?

jacksy -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 2:40:15 PM)

Better Gfx improved sound same as they have appeared to have done with Normandy. Im just mulling over whether or not to DD Longest Day. Is it worth the £34? considering i already have Normandy

sapper_astro -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 2:43:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jacksy

Better Gfx improved sound same as they have appeared to have done with Normandy. Im just mulling over whether or not to DD Longest Day. Is it worth the £34? considering i already have Normandy

This Normandy has the entire front now. So while the original 5 had just the Americans, it now has the British/Canadians/etc as well in the campaign, along with the other improvements. It depends how much you like the theatre I guess. There is also the updated 4 and 3 available.

JudgeDredd -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 3:00:19 PM)

quote:

I couldn't honestly say as I never played the original Normandy. I do know it includes other forces other than US and would I be right in thinking the original focused on Utah? If so, this version is the entire length of Normandy. It's very good. I'm enjoying it immensely, and this from a player that gave up on the series after the Russian Front.

"Is it worth it" though is always subjective. Personally, it was worth the money to me.

Ooops...I see sapper has answered! [:'(]

jacksy -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 3:22:57 PM)

Cheers JD
Think i will DD this. Will probably go for DD with hard copy delivered too.

sapper_astro -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 3:33:42 PM)

Definately a good purchase if you enjoy CC. I daresay there should be some nice mods coming for this one soon too. Hopefully the Stalingrad mod, Across the Meuse, etc.

jacksy -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 4:16:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sapper_astro

Definately a good purchase if you enjoy CC. I daresay there should be some nice mods coming for this one soon too. Hopefully the Stalingrad mod, Across the Meuse, etc.

Im sure i will and i have just had a reply on another thread from Erik Rutins of Matrix Games Staff regarding an overhaul of ABTF.This is what he said....

''Actually, there's a method to our madness. By doing ABTF later on, we were able to make significant improvements to the CC engine and design across multiple releases, all of which ABTF will benefit from when it comes to that.''

GaryChildress -> RE: CC ABTF (6/5/2009 4:29:07 PM)

quote:

Hi jacksy and welcome to the forums. [:)]

I owned CC5 the orignal Normandy and played it through to the end of the Grand Campaign. I have to say that so far CCTLD is MUCH better than CC5. CCTLD includes the British and Candian landings in Normandy which the original CC5 did not. I have always wanted to play a full version of the Normandy landings in CC and this is it! I'm currenly in a H2H game and am having a blast with it. I highly recommend CCTLD even if you've played CC5. It's really like a brand new installment in the CC series IMO.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI