Carrier Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Von_Frag -> Carrier Question (5/28/2002 5:27:56 AM)

After reading the manual I couldn't find anything on the number of carriers allowed in 1 task force without penalty. Is UV like PACWAR where the allies can have 3 large cv's or 2 large and 2 light? What abouut Japan? Are they allowed more than 4 large carriers in a tf? If there are penalties, what are they?

Frag

Hartmann -> (5/28/2002 5:39:12 AM)

Take that with caution, but afaik there is only a penalty for exceeding 15 ships in a TF.

Hartmann

von Murrin -> (5/28/2002 5:54:17 AM)

Doing that will get you in serious trouble. You can put as many CV's in a TF as you want, but not only are you reducing your potential AA capability, all your CV's can be hit by any strike that finds your TF.

Much better is to create multiple 1-2 CV TF's and have all of them follow one. They will still pool CAP and coordinate strikes to an extent, but you can still get full AA benefit and the detection reduction benefit. Also, strikes won't necessarily hit every TF in any given hex. Because each TF has it's own DL and MDL, it's entirely possible to have a "Midway effect" in which one or more of your CV TF's, while in the same hex, do not get attacked.

vils -> TRying that.. (5/28/2002 2:53:44 PM)

But to increase AA, the ore ships the better AA???

I have all my CLAA ships in my CV TF. To increase AA to maximum..

von Murrin -> Re: TRying that.. (5/28/2002 3:47:25 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by vils
[B]But to increase AA, the ore ships the better AA???

I have all my CLAA ships in my CV TF. To increase AA to maximum.. [/B][/QUOTE]

A TF over 15 ships in size will suffer a penalty for AA fire and detection.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI