Pretty dead around here (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

Ron Saueracker -> Pretty dead around here (5/28/2002 11:11:00 AM)

Looks like most opted for UV after all. Good sign.

screamer -> i agree (5/28/2002 8:15:23 PM)

but i dont have Uv i havent even ordered it. I probably have money again early next month/week

Supervisor -> (5/29/2002 4:23:01 AM)

Tough being broke. :D :D

I have noticed that the volume of traffic has really dropped off here recently. Of course, the UV thread makes up for it :D. I have a hard time keeping up.

byron13 -> (5/30/2002 7:09:33 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rowlf
[B]Tough being broke. :D :D

I have noticed that the volume of traffic has really dropped off here recently. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dropped off? Traffic is non-existant here. Ron's not even asking to be a beta tester anymore. I give it a month before everyone burns out on UV and comes back to discuss improvements for WitP.

I think UV may have a quicker burnout rate than some other games because there are only a couple of places either player can focus his attentions. I think when the Japanese AI keeps attacking the same old places, the game will get old.

Kitakami -> UV (5/30/2002 9:47:27 PM)

Well...

My copy of UV is almost in my hands... it had to be bought in NY, and send FedEx to Guatemala, but it already cleared customs and I probably will have it by tonight.

Yet, I think UV is a good testing ground for the real thing... we will find the holes in the AI, abuse the game mechanics, use mines as if they were atom bombs, etc. That will allow the developers to make a better design, don't you think?

IChristie -> (5/30/2002 10:03:30 PM)

That's the plan. :D

stretch -> (5/31/2002 9:20:49 AM)

I like to hear that.. I sure hope enough UV's get sold to make WiTP viable. I did my part and bought one (even though life is not allowing me to play yet) and I think I may have a couple friends interested enough to buy soon too.

Must.... have.... WiTP....

Svar -> (5/31/2002 10:17:59 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stretch
[B]I like to hear that.. I sure hope enough UV's get sold to make WiTP viable. I did my part and bought one (even though life is not allowing me to play yet) and I think I may have a couple friends interested enough to buy soon too.

Must.... have.... WiTP.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I concur, I have had UV for over a week and eventhough I have loaded it and printed the manual, I haven't more than opened it up a couple of times. I was playing PAC WAR when arrived and haven't finished it yet. I also haven't finished reading the UV manual. I'll probably start a PAC WAR game with version 3.0 before I get into UV.

byron13 -> (6/18/2002 6:49:00 AM)

So, Ron, what are you doing with your time these days?

Ron Saueracker -> Byron 13 (6/18/2002 10:29:24 AM)

Trying to keep my bitch in line....**** PC is quirky lately.;) Between my limited knowledge of these puppies and a Quebec internet provider, things have been a bit rough. Doin some research for the boys as well.
You?

U2 -> Re: Byron 13 (6/18/2002 11:26:23 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Saueracker
[B]Trying to keep my bitch in line....**** PC is quirky lately.;) Between my limited knowledge of these puppies and a Quebec internet provider, things have been a bit rough. Doin some research for the boys as well.
You? [/B][/QUOTE]

"the boys" as in the guys at Matrix?
Dan

byron13 -> (6/20/2002 12:53:09 AM)

I was in hell for the past four weeks with a house guest. That really cut down on my gaming with an associated rise in pent up frustrations. Fortunately, the problem has left and I'll be overdosing on the computer for the next few days. Too bad I have to go to work!

And I've been waiting to be selected as an honorary playtester for WiP . . . .:rolleyes:

Gee, I see the production question raising its ugly head again . . .

Ron Saueracker -> Dan and Byron (6/25/2002 2:32:49 AM)

Dan. Yeah, helping out with ships data base to correct/modify weapons, profiles etc for UV but the WITP data is going to be immense. So, I get to playtest but.......there is so much to do and I'm just becoming familiar with PC applications that getting it done is very time consuming, leaving me wonder if I'll have any WITP playtesting time. Let alone PBEM UV much right now.

I'm almost done the USN destroyers data base . Hard to find accurate info but looks pretty good (USN destroyers went through sooooo many modifications it's scary). Maybe Rich Dionne can get it into next big update once I send it to him (figure out how to send it to him, lol). You might notice quite a few alterations. On to the capital ships, then subs and auxilliaries.

Byron. The "Outlaws"? The only house guests I like are the ones you have to kickout after a few months to avoid the common law tarpit where she could get get "half"!!!:eek:

U2 -> (6/25/2002 3:28:05 AM)

Hi

I am glad that you are working on this project. Good luck!
Dan

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI