RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Japan -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 6:19:50 PM)

I think the Manual was very good, but that last  Comment on  page 322 I think was totally unprofessional by a Game Developer.

Religion has nothing to do in a Game Manual! (Nor on the Forum's, so I understand it should not be talked about, However Please Observe
that I'm not discussing Religion, I'm only saying that it should NOT have been included in the Official Game Manual!
With other words, I'm talking about the Contant of the Manual

Now that said,    You Did do a VERY Good Job on the Manual and I am looking forward to the Actual Product. 

'

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 6:40:31 PM)

Japan,

This is exactly why we have a prohibition on discussions of religion (and politics) on our forum. It's something too many people feel passionately about, one way or another. I'm surprised that you can't understand that it's our business if we want to add a note like that to our credits in our manual. That note has been in all our credits (the Matrix Games side) since we founded this company, since some of the founders have strong faith in God and those that don't still respect their beliefs. The credits section is specifically where personal notes like this should go and has nothing to do with the rest of the manual, which is about the game.

Having mention of religion in our credits does not mean that it's ok to discuss it here. The manual itself was also not posted in the forum, only a link to an article that had a link to download it for offline reading.

We respect the beliefs and opinions of our customers and we hope that you would also respect ours as well as our forum rules. You are, in fact, discussing religion again, after you were just warned not to do so on this forum. While I have nothing against you expressing your opinions via e-mail, posting about on this on the forum is against the rules. As a result, you are once again banned for two weeks.

Regards,

- Erik

Apollo11 -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 6:55:13 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

One more thing, when AE is very close to release (i.e. within a week) we will make the full AE PDF manual available to registered owners of War in the Pacific so that you'll be as ready as you can be to jump in once you receive your copy by download or mail. So if you haven't already registered in our Members Club, you may wish to do so now.

Thanks Erik! [:)][sm=00000436.gif]

The laser color printer at work will again be put to good use... [;)]

Leo "Apollo11"

Anthropoid -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 6:58:36 PM)

[:D] Great to see! *Applauds*

That manual in the webcam pic looks similar to the one included in the box set for Forge of Freedom, and I can say that that was a quite sturdy book. My FoF manual did _eventually have a couple of the pages come loose in the center of the book, but then I am pretty aggressive with bending back the pages on books. Just took a piece of clear tape and reaffixed it and it was fine. I think with that design if you are a little bit careful it could last for years without suffering an real wear and tear.

Erik, I'm guessing you'd rather get corrections here in this thread than by email eh?

pasternakski -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 7:01:22 PM)

quote:

Pasternakski, if you're volunteering to help us out with manual editing in the future, be careful what you wish for! [;)] Regards,

- Erik

All you had to do was ask. PM me and we can get any further discussion off the open forums. All I can tell you is that I am a retired old codger now, and I would like nothing better (other than a sweet sweet thang with Serena Williams) than to help improve Matrix manuals - editing is what I have done for, oh, about 35 years now. I'll send you a brief vita by PM if you decide to pursue such an eventuality - and if you have Serena's number, that would be appreciated, too.

ny59giants -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 7:04:03 PM)

quote:

Quickly followed by a brief visit to Wal-Mart to pick up a binder, two new yellow hi-lighters, and caffiene. [:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 7:06:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski
All you had to do was ask. PM me and we can get any further discussion off the open forums. All I can tell you is that I am a retired old codger now, and I would like nothing better (other than a sweet sweet thang with Serena Williams) than to help improve Matrix manuals - editing is what I have done for, oh, about 35 years now. I'll send you a brief vita by PM if you decide to pursue such an eventuality - and if you have Serena's number, that would be appreciated, too

Well, that sounds promising. I'm inundated with PMs, so please e-mail me directly at erikr@matrixgames.com and we can have a serious discussion on this. Unfortunately though, I don't know Serena.

pasternakski -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 7:08:36 PM)

quote:

Unfortunately though, I don't know Serena.

Erik, you're a great disappointment to me in my old age. I will be in touch shortly.

pasternakski -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 7:15:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl
I think you will find with use that even an old set of eyes become adept at reccognizing and differentiating the important ones. I've had two cataract surgeries in the last 18 months, but I can still do it with the ones I am interested in keeping track of.

Well, Mike, you know me, always looking for functionality. And there are so many, and so many that look almost identical... and there will be so many on the map...

fabertong -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 8:56:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japan

I think the Manual was very good, but that last  Comment on  page 322 I think was totally unprofessional by a Game Developer.

Religion has nothing to do in a Game Manual! (Nor on the Forum's, so I understand it should not be talked about, However Please Observe
that I'm not discussing Religion, I'm only saying that it should NOT have been included in the Official Game Manual!
With other words, I'm talking about the Contant of the Manual

Now that said,    You Did do a VERY Good Job on the Manual and I am looking forward to the Actual Product. 

'

Hi Japan.................I'm not sure what your motives here are........the comment you refer to is a sincere expression by the developers.......and should be respected as such......what-ever your personal feelings are.........

fabertong -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 8:58:21 PM)

quote:

Japan,

This is exactly why we have a prohibition on discussions of religion (and politics) on our forum. It's something too many people feel passionately about, one way or another. I'm surprised that you can't understand that it's our business if we want to add a note like that to our credits in our manual. That note has been in all our credits (the Matrix Games side) since we founded this company, since some of the founders have strong faith in God and those that don't still respect their beliefs. The credits section is specifically where personal notes like this should go and has nothing to do with the rest of the manual, which is about the game.

Having mention of religion in our credits does not mean that it's ok to discuss it here. The manual itself was also not posted in the forum, only a link to an article that had a link to download it for offline reading.

We respect the beliefs and opinions of our customers and we hope that you would also respect ours as well as our forum rules. You are, in fact, discussing religion again, after you were just warned not to do so on this forum. While I have nothing against you expressing your opinions via e-mail, posting about on this on the forum is against the rules. As a result, you are once again banned for two weeks.

Regards,

- Erik

OOOppppsss......sorry for my last post....didn't see this before posting...........must scroll down....before using flippers.......

Cerix -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 9:10:22 PM)

japan was talking about the manual, he was not talking about religion

Canoerebel -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 9:11:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

Quickly followed by a brief visit to Wal-Mart to pick up a binder, two new yellow hi-lighters, and caffiene. [:D]

Wimp!

jjax -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 9:23:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cerix

What is your point?

Japan was attempting to engage in a "if i can't do this, then why can you do that" argument with the staff at Matrix games. Obviously, the staff saw through it.

Cerix -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 9:29:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjax

quote:

What is your point?

Japan was attempting to engage in a "if i can't do this, then why can you do that" argument with the staff at Matrix games. Obviously, the staff saw through it.

no, he said that the manual was good but should not talk about religion, and frankly I agree.
it is not the same as discussing religion, he talked about the manual.

Terminus -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 9:32:13 PM)

You're not fooling anyone, Japan...

Nomad -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 9:38:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

quote:

Why go to Wal-Mart? While the color laser is working printing - two sided, I can just go to the suply closet and get a binder and hi-lighters from there. [:D]

bobogoboom -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 9:48:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

can we ban japan permenantly PLEASE!!!

Mobeer -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 10:36:24 PM)

Is this the same manual that will come with the game? The web site promises "Printed 196 page COLOR manual (boxed copy only)" but the PDF has many more pages?

Nomad -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 11:01:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobeer

Is this the same manual that will come with the game? The web site promises "Printed 196 page COLOR manual (boxed copy only)" but the PDF has many more pages?

I think the manual had a small bloat problem. [:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 11:15:06 PM)

Cerix, and everyone else,

quote:

no, he said that the manual was good but should not talk about religion, and frankly I agree.
it is not the same as discussing religion, he talked about the manual.

This is not the place for this. If you have any concerns, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com. As far as I can see, the manual does not "talk about" religion. It has one personal note of thanks in the credits, which is effectively the same as the one that thanks our families.

If anyone wants to discuss this, please e-mail me.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/12/2009 11:15:52 PM)

quote:

Yep, we increased the size of the manual since we posted that, but forgot to update the entry on the product page. Thanks for pointing that out! The product page is due for a refresh before release in any case.

Mobeer -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 1:02:54 AM)

quote:

quote:

Yep, we increased the size of the manual since we posted that, but forgot to update the entry on the product page. Thanks for pointing that out! The product page is due for a refresh before release in any case.

Cool - think I'll have to take a long weekend to get through it

ETF -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 2:32:48 AM)

Thanks Guys the Manual looks great. Excellent work.

ETF -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 2:45:14 AM)

quote:

Japan,

Having mention of religion in our credits does not mean that it's OK to discuss it here. The manual itself was also not posted in the forum, only a link to an article that had a link to download it for offline reading.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik I respect you, your company and your right to place whatever you wish in your manual. I do though have to say I do find it somewhat offensive like Japan. I wish I didn't but I do. I'm surprised though that you did put your personal beliefs in such a, hopefully widely distributed product. You must realize that some of your valued customers might feel uumm uncomfortable. I just wanted to express my honest opinion. Looking forward to your release and enjoying all your hard work.

Erik Rutins -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 2:55:09 AM)

As I said above, if anyone has any concerns about this, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com. The forum is not the place for these discussions. Thank you.

goodwoodrw -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 7:28:16 AM)

Have got a cost for the game yet?

wworld7 -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 7:50:38 AM)

You would have seen something about price by now if they had.

yoshino -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 10:29:30 AM)

Thanks Erik and Dev team! The manual is great things.
Usually,I don't buy any phisical products of Matrix beause of shipping cost to Japan.but I can't help but buy this one[:D]

Flying Tiger -> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview (6/13/2009 12:02:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

can we ban japan permenantly PLEASE!!!

[post edited so i dont get kicked out of here. But thanks for taking at least temporary action Erik!]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI