Vista Compatibility (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers

towishimp -> Vista Compatibility (6/12/2009 6:05:54 PM)

Hi all,

This may be similar to questions already asked, but I'm not a big computers guy...I just love playing strategy games and it's hard to find people to sit at a face-to-face game with me for hours on end.

Anyhow, my PC runs Vista, and I was wondering how compatible games are with it. I recently tried to install Korsun Pocket on my PC, and it didn't seem to work, so I had to break out my old XP computer to scratch the WWII operational-level strategy itch.

So can I run any of the newer operational-level games on my Vista PC? Like the Karkov game, for instance?

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

uncc -> RE: Vista Compatibility (6/12/2009 7:42:13 PM)

So far all my games from Matrixgames run just fine on my Vista64 pc. Did you try running in XP compatibility mode? (right click on the game executable file (or shortcut icon), select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check the "Run this program in compatibility mode:" and make sure the Windows XP option is selected). On some older games (e.g. SPWaW) the "Disable desktop composition box (under Settings) may also need to be checked...

towishimp -> RE: Vista Compatibility (6/13/2009 6:26:06 AM)

Nope, I didn't even know that compatibility mode existed! Thanks for the tip!

uncc -> RE: Vista Compatibility (6/14/2009 12:51:04 AM)

great, but did it work?

Qwixt -> RE: Vista Compatibility (6/14/2009 5:27:42 AM)

I have vista64, and had to run in compatibility mode to install the patch or game for Korsun Pocket. Other than that it runs fine on my computer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI