So many games? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

RobertT -> So many games? (5/29/2002 4:38:02 AM)

Hi, I played "War in the South Pacific" some years ago, then bought and played Pacific War when it first came out, and loved playing them both. I still play Pacwar from time to time, but have longed for a new Grigsby game to fulfill the potential that was left untapped by these games. Having recently found Matrix and registered, I am amazed that there are several new games out there I was unaware of. Actually, I'm confused too. Could one of you fine players please provide some sort of order to the Pacific war games and when they have (or are expected) to become available? Sorry for such a rudimentary question, but I want to buy a game asap and just can't tell which is which and what they offer. Thanks for your time, Robert

IChristie -> (5/29/2002 8:45:07 PM)

Hi Robert,

Uncommon Valour (UV), the first in the series is out. It deals with the SW Pacific theatre (Solomons, New Guinea, Australia area) from May '42 to the end of '43.

UV uses the same basic design and game engine that will eventually be used for War In The Pacific (WITP). WITP is in development. It is currently scheduled for release in eary '03.

If you are hankering for an operational level game in the Pacific go check out UV.

There is talk about doing a third game in the series using the same engine - maybe in the Med.

RobertT -> Thank you (5/30/2002 4:59:49 AM)

I've ordered Uncommon Valor. It seems like it will fit nicely until the War in the Pacific game becomes available.

Thanks again

sprior -> The Med... mmmmmmmmmm (6/18/2002 4:12:11 AM)

A Med game - yes please!

Frost -> Kriegsmarine Please (6/20/2002 2:31:10 AM)

Yep, keep it going. I want to play with the Bismark etc.. and the UBoats. with what if scenerios with the Germans launching Carriers.

Frost -> Uboats (6/22/2002 12:49:18 AM)

Actually the more I think about it, i would like a game that centers on the complete Uboat operations. setting up bases, supply, patrols, wolfpacks, construction, crews, maitenance ,repair. new technology(Snorkels etc..).

would be plenty to do since it was such a big operation. I would love to try different tactics to shut down the allies. Many what if's. Basically play as Donitz. Scenerios where hitler gives more backing and funds. Basically WITP or UV centered on Uboats activities.

showboat1 -> (6/29/2002 10:35:21 PM)

Great thing about the Med is all the what if possibilities. There was the Soviet fleet in the Black Sea, the Italians, the British, the Americans, some Germans, and then there's the French Navy. What if the British did not attack the surrendered French Navy and they fell under German control? Or what if they would have followed a British request and sailed to the British ports and were taken over by Free French crews? The lack of Axis CV's is more than offset by the surrounding land masses and the swarms of land based air power.

Spooky -> (7/1/2002 4:14:06 AM)

Yep - an UV-based Med game could be amazing :)

However, a huge difference with UV would be the land combats. This game would have to take in account the Rommel vs Monty fight in North Africa ... and armored warfare in desert was quite different from Jungle Warfare ;)

Spooky

screamer -> (7/5/2002 7:08:00 AM)

the map would stretch from morrocco till iraq and from the northern italy till the ethiopia

corbulo -> (8/5/2002 9:55:47 PM)

after playing UV I will buy anything that 2X3 games/Grigsby produces. The game is astounding. After coming back from vacation I want to limit myself to no more than 3 hours per day monday-friday, and no more than 4 hours per day saturday/sunday.

U2 -> (8/5/2002 10:05:59 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spooky
[B]Yep - an UV-based Med game could be amazing :)

However, a huge difference with UV would be the land combats. This game would have to take in account the Rommel vs Monty fight in North Africa ... and armored warfare in desert was quite different from Jungle Warfare ;)

Spooky [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Spook man

It would not only be different but should be highly detailed to work. Larger map to allow for detailed combat/units and movements. Perhaps a land combat system that could be used for the East Front project. I dont really know but I am sure land combat needs to be changed.

Dan

11Bravo -> (8/5/2002 10:38:37 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by corbulo
[B]after playing UV I will buy anything that 2X3 games/Grigsby produces. The game is astounding. After coming back from vacation I want to limit myself to no more than 3 hours per day monday-friday, and no more than 4 hours per day saturday/sunday. [/B][/QUOTE]

That sounds like just enough time for family/work. You could use the rest of the time for UV. :)

Sonny -> (8/6/2002 9:44:38 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by corbulo
[B]after playing UV I will buy anything that 2X3 games/Grigsby produces. The game is astounding. After coming back from vacation I want to limit myself to no more than 3 hours per day monday-friday, and no more than 4 hours per day saturday/sunday. [/B][/QUOTE]

That 3 hours a day Mon-Fri and 4 hours on weekends - is that sleep you are talking about?:D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI