RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted

timurlain -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/25/2009 8:36:07 PM)

I am confused as there are no files in my inbox. What have I done wrong ?

Kingmaker -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/25/2009 8:44:22 PM)

HiHi

All praise to St. Matto the Magnificant [&o] we are back up and running, ... well for a bit anyhow.

Tom the files are posted on the Hotmail 'No Frills' account pick them up from there.

All the Best
Peter

Anthropoid -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/25/2009 8:49:50 PM)

So I hear you guys need a Spain replacement? I am VERY tempted to take it. This game is great for PBEM, and you guys are fun bunch. However, with two already going, I'm already feeling a bit overtaxed . . . yes I know an "intelligent" player can crank out turns in 5 min, but then in doing so, you also make stupid mistakes like not bother reading the rule book. The semester is about to start and I have deadlines looming . . . also I would like to play out the two I'm already in with total focus. Once either one of those ends, only then would I be up for another one. Sorry :(

Isn't there a way to turn a position over to the AI? If you guys figured out a reasonable set of house rules to prevent everyone dogpiling Spain AI immediately, then that might be the best solution at this point. Plus, if you are already playing at like Bonaparte difficulty, and Spain is doing as well as I've been led to believe, then handing that position over to the AI might not be the worst thing.

timurlain -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/25/2009 10:23:34 PM)

I thought so but I cannot find the login information as I must have deleted, could someone please post me that ?

Mus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/25/2009 10:29:35 PM)

Austria in.

Kingmaker -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/25/2009 10:34:13 PM)

HiHi

On it's way Tom.

All the Best
Peter

barbarossa2 -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/25/2009 11:16:51 PM)

Perhaps we could ask Anthropoid to take over Spain until we find someone else? And work hard to make that happen?

barbarossa2 -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 1:24:58 AM)

I will have a 100,000 man army next to Paris by the end of next turn. No problems.

LOL... that looks funny by itself![X(]

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 3:34:15 AM)

Turkish Turn 24 is done.
By the way, I have introduced COGEE to another gamer, and he is interested in possibly taking on Spain's role. But he won't be up and ready for another week. He has to practice some yet. So, unless Kingmaker can come up with someone he is a possiblity.
Glad the game is going again![:'(]

IronWarrior -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 11:22:05 AM)

Matto, thanks so much for helping us out with the merge. I hadn't even realized this as I haven't been paying proper attention as I should.

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 12:54:57 PM)

I also want to express my thanks to Matto! Someone who takes the time to facilitate another's game is truly a fan of our hobby! He sets an example that we should all try to emulate! Thanks again Matto!

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 1:47:31 PM)

In regards to not having the Spanish player I personally would have no objections to Kingmaker combining the turns. I trust him to not examine the Spanish turn or to manipulate it, and I think he would be an excellent choice, if Matto is unavailable, to do this function till we can get a Spanish player back on board.

Kingmaker -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 1:57:07 PM)

HiHi

Ta for the vote of confidence Monte, but unless absolutely desperate I'd rather have either a Spain player or an Independent do the Merge, apart from anything else I ain't a clue how to do the Fixing of Passwords stuff, thats Techno "majik" [&:]

As there has been no responce as yet to the advert on the 'Reserve list' MB your Mate seems the best bet, go forth therefore and "Nag" [:)]

All the Best
Peter

Kingmaker -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 2:03:45 PM)

HiHi

I will have a 100,000 man army next to Paris by the end of next turn. No problems.

A 100,000 ... frenchies? Huh! I'll have 300,000 good honest Mad Dogs & Englishmen armed with Gamma ray guns ready ... and Airbourn to boot, none of this fiddleing around at Port Customs departments.

All the Best
Peter

Matto -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 2:13:22 PM)

Sirs,
like I answered to Kingmaker's email, I'm little bit full of games. So I will not replace Spain player for the rest of the game. On the other side, if you are looking for anybody, I can play some turns to keep your game running until replacement will join.
Last problem is, that I will be unavailable from Thursday evening to Monday evening ... so I can do some merge today or tomorrow, then you must wait until my return or another Spain player ...
Matto

barbarossa2 -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 2:19:34 PM)

"A 100,000 ... frenchies? Huh! I'll have 300,000 good honest Mad Dogs & Englishmen armed with Gamma ray guns ready ... and Airbourn to boot, none of this fiddleing around at Port Customs departments."

Well, I will have one MILLION xenophobic, typhus carrying, goose stepping, grasshopper aliens wearing jack boots descending on London one year ago using my new time dilation advance which I acquired with naval, land, and psychokinetic experience points, plus a dose of 8000 Virgin Airlines frequent flyer miles!

(rook takes queen)

I thought I deleted that first post of mine...which was part of a longer thing. The statement is pointless by itself. Still I like the threats!

P.S. I second the use of Kingmaker as a Spanish substitute if necessary.

barbarossa2 -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 2:33:48 PM)

I think we need to find a Spanish player who will have interest in continuity rather than going from one player to the next or using Matto again (though Matto's services were greatly appreciated) [&o].

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 5:02:56 PM)

I think we're missing only the French and Prussian players![X(]

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 6:17:41 PM)

French just posted on No Frills account!

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 8:59:39 PM)

Hi Guys,
Tomorrow I'll be talking to my friend who might be interested in taking over the Spanish in our game. My question is, if he decides to take on this role do you want him to go ahead and do this turn and then merge it, or should we have Matto do it this time?

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 9:01:52 PM)

I just noted that Tomas has posted his turn so I wil await your response![&:]

Kingmaker -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 9:03:55 PM)

HiHi

xenophobic, typhus carrying, goose stepping, grasshopper aliens wearing jack boots

Yer, like I said, "frenchies" [:D]

Over & out for tonight off to work.

All the Best
Peter

barbarossa2 -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 9:14:22 PM)

Concerning the Spanish player. I will go with whatever you guys want. However, I would prefer as much continuity as possible. So, I would prefer waiting for the new player. However, I would also love to get another turn through... so... like I said, whatever you guys think.

One thing I do like about losing players occasionally, is that I see it as the only way to "simulate" the massive foreign policy swings that accompanied the death of a monarch from time to time.

Mus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/26/2009 10:48:25 PM)

Matto's continued services to merge the turns until we can find a replacement would be greatly appreciated.

I asked lenin, he isn't interested in playing another COG EE PBEM game until the insurrection issues have been addressed.

So if Monte's friend wants to play I say we go for that.

Matto -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/27/2009 8:36:00 AM)

Sirs,
I just checked hotmail account and you all played ... do you want one more merge from me ? I can do it now ...

Kingmaker -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/27/2009 8:48:22 AM)

HiHi

I'll bite the bullet on this and say "Yes please Mat", at least that way we have another turn notched.

Should other folk streniously object later then we could always delete that turn if we really must, but I feel 'the Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the Bush' so please go ahead Mat and Tweet ... sorry Merge [:D]

Thanks, and enjoy your weekend away.

All the Best
Peter

Matto -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/27/2009 9:12:59 AM)

So it is done ... please download it from hotmail account ... I did not forward it to all ...

Mus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/27/2009 9:30:51 AM)

Thanks Matto!

Regarding Monte's friend... was this going to happen soon or what kind of timeframe are we looking at before we get a commitment?

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/27/2009 11:24:50 AM)

HI Guys, I should know today if my friend is willing to take on Spain's role. I'll keep you posted!

montesaurus -> RE: 1792 No frills PBEM (8/27/2009 7:45:44 PM)

Turkish turn 25 is posted, and it looks like most of Europe is ablaze![:@]
I'm still waiting to hear from my friend, keep your fingers crossed as he would be an excellent and dependable player! He even tries to travel and play with his laptop.

Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI