creating PT&barges/ duplicate a/c replacements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

jcjordan -> creating PT&barges/ duplicate a/c replacements (5/29/2002 8:03:17 AM)

Two things:
I've read the manual but still can't get PT & barges created, what is the procedure? I've created a task force & loaded it with supplies from Noeuma & Brisbane while both are set to be barge hubs & not set as well. I don't see where the manual is talking about creating PT/barges in the task force menu.

Also why are there so many duplicate A/C types with different rates? (p39, p40, a20)

von Murrin -> (5/29/2002 8:14:35 AM)

You can only create barges (LCI, LST, etc. for the Americans) and PT's if you actually have them. There's a list in the ship availability screen. Look at the bottom. To make a barge/PT TF, you need to send a supply convoy to the location where you want your new barges/PT's. There's a button below the load/unload supplies section that lets you convert supplies into barges or PT's.

I don't understand what you mean about duplicate a/c unless you're talking about P39's/P400's and the like. If that's the case, different a/c were made/modified from initial designs throughout the war. They weren't modifications that could be carried out in the field, hence different types and replacements.

jcjordan -> (5/29/2002 8:33:27 AM)

AS far as the A/C are concerned, I was talking about what shows in the replacement pools. The p39 has 2 listing at different rates as well as the p40, a20 & p400. Those are the ones that come to mind right now. I saw that PT/barges available on the ship availability but I guess I just misunderstood how to do it. I have none but I was thinking I had to create them to get them. So I guess my question now would be when do I start to get them so I can create them.

Supervisor -> (5/29/2002 9:17:58 AM)

[QUOTE] I've read the manual but still can't get PT & barges created, what is the procedure? I've created a task force & loaded it with supplies from Noeuma & Brisbane while both are set to be barge hubs & not set as well. I don't see where the manual is talking about creating PT/barges in the task force menu.[/QUOTE]
When you have barges/PT's available, when you have a TF with supplies loaded, you should see a statement in the lower left of the TF screen which says "Activate barges" (Japanese & Allies) and "Activate PT Boats" (Allies only). This will be bolded if there are barges/PT boats available to be built. If it is bolded, then by clicking on this will create the barge/PT TF (I have found that I have to click on the "Next TF" button to actually get the barge TF to appear). Then, if there is enough supplies and there are more barges/PT boats available, you can repeat this procedure. If the the "Activate ..." is not bolded, that means that there aren't any currently available to be built.

Go the Ship Availability (under Intel) to find out the exact numbers of barges/PT boats that you have available. They will be listed in the bottom left of the screen.

[QUOTE]AS far as the A/C are concerned, I was talking about what shows in the replacement pools. The p39 has 2 listing at different rates as well as the p40, a20 & p400. Those are the ones that come to mind right now. I saw that PT/barges available on the ship availability but I guess I just misunderstood how to do it. I have none but I was thinking I had to create them to get them. So I guess my question now would be when do I start to get them so I can create them.[/QUOTE]
I believe I heard that there were two listings for the same type of aircraft to reflect the fact that one is US and the other Australian. I saw that in another thread. (See: [URL=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19966&highlight=replacement+aircraft]http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19966&highlight=replacement+aircraft[/URL] )

jcjordan -> (5/29/2002 9:21:46 AM)

thanks for replies

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI