Another suggestion or two... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

WW2'er -> Another suggestion or two... (5/29/2002 11:06:30 PM)

Hi Matrix folks! Great game! I am really enjoying it and it definitely has the "just one more turn at 2 AM" syndrome included.

I have read some of the posts concerning design issues and wanted to add my two cents.

1. I would like to see you add an option for "Bombardment" missions that lets you "Retire To Task Force".

Here is the situation that bothers me that this option would solve. I sail with a carrier TF following a Battleship Surface TF to raid an enemy base. I want to try to keep my carrier hidden and away from Land Based Air attacks. I want my Battleship Task Force to do a night raid bombardment but still be under protection of the carrier's fighter protection in the morning. I know I can assign long-range CAP but with retirement allowed set on, I don't know exactly where my BB TF will be in the morning. It will be somewhere on the way back to its home base, but if my carrier is stationed in the opposite direction, it may be too far for proper CAP protection. Also, I want to do these type of raids nightly and having the BB TF running full speed for home puts them out of position to do that. Certainly the two TF commanders would be able to communicate and say "We'll rendezvous at 'point X' at 0700? That way the BB TF will try to meet with the carrier, or at least head in their direction. (I realize that night surface combat could affect their ability to make it back by daylight.)

One other thing...which I admit is picky.

2. When you "form a new task force" and choose its type and patrol options on the first screen, could you also include on that screen its destination and, if possible, choice of commander?

It's a little annoying to have to form the TF type, choose the ships, and then have to choose the TF again to go set the destination and commander. It would save a couple clicks and some time.

Thanks guys for reading and taking these thoughts into consideration!

NorthStar -> (5/29/2002 11:12:08 PM)

Both these suggestions sound good, but I would actually like to see a more generalized version of 1.

Basically, I would like the option for the task force to retire to any specified hex, rather than all the way back to home base. This would address WW2'er's Carrier Air Coverage issue, and allow units to make bombardment runs from an "on station" location, without going all the way back to base.

WW2'er -> Good idea (5/29/2002 11:41:57 PM)

Good thought Northstar. That would work too.

(Of course having both options, Retire To Task Force and Retire To Hex would be best.);)

I'm your typical gamer....I don't want much...just EVERYTHING! :p

Thanks again Matrix and 2By3 for all you do!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI