HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

MrPlow9 -> HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 3:43:48 AM)

After the epic that was Band of Brothers, I am very much looking forward to this. Here is the trailer for "The Pacific":

The Pacific Trailer

TOMLABEL -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 3:57:35 AM)

That looks great! I'm really looking forward to this one!

stuman -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 4:00:48 AM)

Thx for sharing, I hope it is as good as BoB.

If you have a minute, look at some of the comments on the above site. Sounds like our forum at times [:)]

Przemcio231 -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 8:59:54 AM)

Well looks nice...

AirGriff -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 2:50:22 PM)

Looks good. When does it air?

joey -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 3:40:09 PM)

Great! I hope it is as good as its predecessors: Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. Tom Hanks and Steven do a wonderful job on their projects. This should be a fantastic series.

51st Highland Div -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 4:04:45 PM)

Been looking forward to this coming on TV since hearing off it a while ago...cant wait [:)]

bobogoboom -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 4:10:48 PM)

can't wait does anyone know when the air date is?

51st Highland Div -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 4:18:54 PM)

Looks like its set for a March 2010 release judging from what HBO/Hanks/Spielberg have said....long wait...although WitP:AE would certainly fill the gap...[:D]

bobogoboom -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 4:22:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 51st Highland Div

Looks like its set for a March 2010 release judging from what HBO/Hanks/Spielberg have said....long wait...although WitP:AE would certainly fill the gap...[:D]

your assuming that it will be done by then[:'(]

mdiehl -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 5:28:39 PM)

Thanks for the link MRPLOW. I've been looking forward to The Pacific for a long time.

tocaff -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 8:30:35 PM)

I'd love to see it, but sadly even if you have cable or satellite in Brazil it's shown about a year later.  Maybe I should wait for your reviews and then maybe buy the DVD set.  [:(]

Panther Bait -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 10:20:07 PM)

I'm a little concerned that an romantic plotline appears to be woven into the show.  I liked that BoB centered on the men in a combat setting (and training, I suppose).  They may talk about back home, but you don't see it.  I also liked that it was based on actual people.

I am wondering if that is the case in "The Pacific" now.  From what I had heard previously, it is not about a single small unit as it moves through the war.  They couldn't do it that way and show the full breadth of even just the US' ground combat experience.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 10:32:01 PM)

WOW...naked, ample-bosomed women, explosions, flame throwers...sign me up.

Those DUKW's looked real...do you think they built working mock-ups or was that CGI?

mg62 -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 10:42:25 PM)

I think they were real. The DUKW's as well.... I recall that for BoB they fabricated/welded tanks for the filming.

I'm looking forward to this as well.

pasternakski -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 10:43:24 PM)

I'm a bad boy. I was one of the founding members of the "I Hated Saving Private Ryan" club. We still have three members, although one has been committed and one currently suffers from stroke-induced dementia and thinks we really hate Ryan O'Neal.

I tried "Band of Brothers." I really did. Wound up not liking it, either.

So, I have yet to pencil in "The Pacific" on my dance card.

Now, naked, ample-bosomed women are always welcome in my entertainment scene. As long as they don't bring any Spielberg or Hanks movies with 'em...

Subchaser -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 11:12:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Bait

I'm a little concerned that an romantic plotline appears to be woven into the show.  I liked that BoB centered on the men in a combat setting (and training, I suppose). 

HBO want some of these 200 millions back and naked women are good at raising revenues, so no wonder. It also can be just a flashback.

Yamato hugger -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 11:48:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mg62

I think they were real. The DUKW's as well.... I recall that for BoB they fabricated/welded tanks for the filming.

The only still operational "Ducks" that I am aware of are in the Wisconsin Dells. I doubt they used them.

Knavey -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/23/2009 11:51:24 PM)

Pat...

For some reason, that does not surprise me! [;)]

Reg -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/24/2009 12:15:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yamato hugger

quote:

ORIGINAL: mg62

The only still operational "Ducks" that I am aware of are in the Wisconsin Dells. I doubt they used them.

Nah... There are still quite a few around.

Check this link from only a couple of weeks ago: http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/showthread.php?p=113482

I'll even be willing to place a wager that some of these particular vehicles got a starring role. [:D]

Edit: Another link of the same event: http://www.remlr.com/bundy2009.html

(Gotta love those Bundy beaches - lovely even in winter!!)

Fishbed -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/24/2009 12:49:30 PM)

Is it me, or there's definitely some "thin red line" feeling in this? Looks like you just can't film the Pacific the John Wayne's way since the red line... And that's good.

Misconduct -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/24/2009 1:08:17 PM)

I am just gona go ahead and get it out the way, but Pacific War looks to much like Pearl Harbor, I think i will skip it till someone says otherwise.

Fishbed -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/24/2009 1:16:13 PM)

Uh... a 3 minutes trailer and it "looks too much like Pearl Harbor"?

"Man that game WitP, I saw there's a map of the Pacific in it and a nurse on the photograph, gotta be way too much like Pearl Harbor" [:'(]

Misconduct -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/24/2009 1:21:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

Uh... a 3 minutes trailer and it "looks too much like Pearl Harbor"?

"Man that game WitP, I saw there's a map of the Pacific in it and a nurse on the photograph, gotta be way too much like Pearl Harbor" [:'(]

darn straight! I was tormented after seeing "said movie" so anytime I see a war "film/flick" that has any love scenes I just admit its probably related to said movie.

Fishbed -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/24/2009 1:29:54 PM)

I see your point, and I understand your trauma, although I am always ready to give a chance to the BoB's people [:)]

Hornblower -> RE: HBO's "The Pacific" Miniseries Trailer (6/25/2009 3:17:44 AM)

Looks like I'll have to put HBO back now..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI