RE: 23 June (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Charles2222 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 2:01:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: medicff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I think the "for shame" goes to the domestic printers who can't deliver competitive prices.

Well they could if we work for $2 per day. Simple math. [:D]

Yes, inmates and political prisoners tend to work awfully cheap.

Charles2222 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 2:03:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tocaff

The printer is located in Brazil, Rio to be exact.  The workers don't show up on Mondays and Fridays.  The other work days see the workers go to lunch and then the beach, never returning to work.  [8D]

I would presume Brazilians and Chinese don't get time off for american independence day anyway.

Alfred -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 7:58:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I'm a publisher and an editor and I've dealt with printers in the U.S., New York (that's not part of America, it's Yankee-held territory), and China (Hong Kong).  There is a good printer in Hong Kong that can print high quality publications for 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost of a domestic printer.  That's such a huge savings that many publishers have no choice but to go with it even though they might prefer to go with "Printed in the USA" if possible.  I'm sure the disparity is partly due to differences in wage scales. 

Don't underestimate the impact of exchange rates. You do realise that some countries like to artificially maintain undervalued currencies in order to boost exports - one way to get around GATT requirements.

Alfred

Terminus -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 9:11:55 AM)

Let's stop talking about politics now, shall we?

Tophat1815 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 11:31:38 AM)

Have the damn manuals made port yet?[8|]

Sardaukar -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 11:38:24 AM)

I hope they have GPS tracker on that damn ship! [:D]

m10bob -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 11:58:18 AM)

I cannot think of a single courier service which has not screwed me in some way.
I can wait for that manual, but am glad we have the option of downloading..

DivePac88 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 12:00:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Maybe they’re using one of AB’s off-map routes. [;)]

timtom -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 12:08:40 PM)

Pirates...?[:D]

m10bob -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 12:30:50 PM)

I am confident the AE team has enlisted the most talented ship trackers available!

[image]local://upfiles/7909/C0A2B638B0394516894829BE979B90D8.jpg[/image]

DivePac88 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 12:58:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: timtom

Pirates...?[:D]

Game-Pirates[:(]

Sardaukar -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 1:09:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

quote:

I knew it, they used the "Safest" TF option and re-routed manuals via NZ!! That's why you are so happy!! [:-][:D]

SuluSea -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 2:06:15 PM)

I don't know if this means anything but this was seen yesterday just under the Golden Gate Bridge. [;)]

[image]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b11/Noopers/Goldenjunk.jpg[/image]

DivePac88 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 2:12:09 PM)

Isn't that Junk going out to sea [X(]

DivePac88 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 2:22:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I knew it, they used the "Safest" TF option and re-routed manuals via NZ!! That's why you are so happy!! [:-][:D]

Yes, I am going to ransom the manuals back to Matrix for 1% of Yamato hugger’s WitP playing ability, because that would make me invincible at this game. [:D]

Przemcio231 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 2:39:01 PM)

Well my estiaminate is that the ship will reach US by 14th day from sailng out of China[:D] now the question is when it sailed out[:D]

Tophat1815 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 2:55:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Przemcio231

Well my estiaminate is that the ship will reach US by 14th day from sailng out of China[:D] now the question is when it sailed out[:D]

Yes but the cargo carrier stops at Gdansk first!

NormS3 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 6:28:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Przemcio231

EUBanana sounds not so hard... well but i like football better[:D][:D] or Volleyball:) Well maybe you should have asked for a some Pacific Model for Father's Day or something Sardaukar??[:D]

Last weekend my GF suprised me she purhased a HMS Victory kit made by Ravell some made for 200th aniversary of Trafalgar with glue and paints inside and said to me we will be building it toghter[:D] I was amazed i gave her the cannons to paint and she spend over an hour painting without compalining[:D] Unfortunatly we had only one paintbrush so we could paint one thing at a time and after she did the cannons i did the deck and we had to finish for that day[:D] But well she is improving maybe i will show her AE[:D][:D] Right now she is playing some on-line broswer strategy game:)

Lucky Guy!

Yeah for volleyball! If she plays too you got a match made in heaven, or at least until you screw up one of her sets!

Przemcio231 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 7:08:35 PM)

Nope my GF only likes her aerobic or something and gym[:D] Well we will continue our work on Victory during the weekend:)

NormS3 -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 7:39:32 PM)

Probably a good thing. The GF and both other women showed but I was the only guy last night. The abuse was definately overboard last night[:D]
Fortuantly I just get better when that happens[;)]

undercovergeek -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 9:18:27 PM)

is it July somewhere, anywhere yet? [;)]

kaleun -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 9:50:44 PM)

quote:

The printer is located in Brazil, Rio to be exact. The workers don't show up on Mondays and Fridays. The other work days see the workers go to lunch and then the beach, never returning to work.

Unless the Brazilian soccer team is playing (O millor equipo do mundo; que digo do mundo, do Brasil!)

[8|]In that case the supervisors call in sick too.

treespider -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 10:02:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, I am going to ransom the manuals back to Matrix for 1% of Yamato hugger’s WitP playing ability, because that would make me invincible at this game. [:D]

He still hasn't taken Suva....although maybe this turn.[:)]

treespider -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 10:03:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

quote:

The printer is located in Brazil, Rio to be exact. The workers don't show up on Mondays and Fridays. The other work days see the workers go to lunch and then the beach, never returning to work.

Unless the Brazilian soccer team is playing (O millor equipo do mundo; que digo do mundo, do Brasil!)

[8|]In that case the supervisors call in sick too.

grr...who watched the game on Sunday?

rroberson -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 11:47:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

I'm a publisher and an editor and I've dealt with printers in the U.S., New York (that's not part of America, it's Yankee-held territory), and China (Hong Kong).  There is a good printer in Hong Kong that can print high quality publications for 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost of a domestic printer.  That's such a huge savings that many publishers have no choice but to go with it even though they might prefer to go with "Printed in the USA" if possible.  I'm sure the disparity is partly due to differences in wage scales. 

Without question.

rroberson -> RE: 23 June (6/30/2009 11:50:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

Not exactly arbitrary. Vanilla is 69.99. Erik has stated that AE will be at or under the cost of Vanilla. My basic math skills say...between 130 and 140.

Lord help me if I ever accidently lose my disk or it gets scratch.

Speaking for chronic whiners everywhere [:D] asking for more information regarding a product that will take me 8 hours to earn the money so I can afford it is hardly whining. Its being financially responsible (according to my redheaded dictator).

On another note...Printing the Manuals in China? really? [:-] For shame.

Not sure how WiTp works on your machine but after installation in mine I never had to put the cd in again. Maybe it was from one of the early patches or else it was so straight out of the box,the years blur my memory.

Mine works the same way. I have had 2 desktops and at least 3 laptops (work) over the years since I have purchased the game. Each time I jump through all the patch hoops. But each time I always fear that maybe I have scratched that disk and Im dead in the water. :-). During the latest ourbreak of WITP playing I had to reinstall the game on my current PC and I did spend some days trying to figure out which bag I stored the disk in. [8|]

scout1 -> RE: 23 June (7/1/2009 3:09:13 AM)

ok, if you have Witp on dirve D:, you can install AE on D: If you want to go to F drive for an AE game, do you need to copy Witp over first ?

IronWarrior -> RE: 23 June (7/1/2009 8:01:29 AM)

quote:

How ironic.

Wow I'm glad I read through this thread... digital download only for me from now on.

undercovergeek -> RE: 23 June (7/1/2009 8:14:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

quote:

How ironic.

Wow I'm glad I read through this thread... digital download only for me from now on.

why?

and why?

if you dont mind me asking

IronWarrior -> RE: 23 June (7/1/2009 8:22:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

why?

and why?

if you dont mind me asking

1) His sig and avatar are references to Stephen Colbert, a political satirist. Although it appears that political satire and sarcasm do not translate well overseas as T seems an unlikely Colbert fan (IMO). [:D]

2) I don't support sweatshops and am against Globalization. I'm sure that's as far as I can go into the subject on here unfortunately.

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 [6] 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI