Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support

pdozer63 -> Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (6/29/2009 6:12:44 AM)

Ok, I have been able to live with some of the existing bugs that never got fixed but I had a wierd thing happen and hope that someone can talk me through it.
I tried for a 2-point conversion right at the 2 minute warning and witnessed something totally new. I was not able to select the offenceive play because as soon as I clicked
"2 pt conversion", life on the field fast forwarded, there was a tackling noise, and the 2 point conversion had failed??? lol wtf... but that isn't what bothers me, like I said I can live with most of the glitches. The thing that sucks, is that 4 players on the defensive team were given mass credit for tackles. One guy had 211 tackles for that game, one guy had 55, one had 18, and one had 36. So I went into the game report and read through it entirely to find out how many actual tackles took place. I even edited the text of the game report to make it accurate. However, It didnt fix the league statistics. This leads me to believe that it doesn't draw from the game reports to compile stats?? Do I need to edit the database to fix this?? can anyone shed some light on this?? Any help is appreciated.
I am hoping to keep this league accurate and intact. Halfway through 2nd season (after multiple resets during the update era) and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

garysorrell -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (6/29/2009 6:58:47 AM)

The stats compiled during a game are temporarily saved in the league file, I think. If im not mistaken, there is somewhere in the league file that all the game info is stored, and then when the game ends, the stats are updated and a gamelog is created.

Ive seen the 2pt craziness before. It can get really nuts if there is seconds left. I know I saw a 2pt with time running out once, and nobody even lined up, the ball was somehow snapped from somewhere and somebody converted the 2pt...but it was credited as a TD.

I dont think there is a fix. One of those oddities we have to live with. The way stats are compiled in game, its confusing. If you were to open the league file in Access, find the player stats table, you could find the players involved by their player ID number. Then if one had say 55 tackles....just find the ridiculous stat and change it....May have to do some dirty work and figure out what their stats were before game, and then add the crazy stat to it to get the number you are looking for.

Tullius -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (6/29/2009 7:30:25 AM)

quote:

One guy had 211 tackles for that game, one guy had 55, one had 18, and one had 36. So I went into the game report and read through it entirely to find out how many actual tackles took place.

I have never seen this.

quote:

This leads me to believe that it doesn't draw from the game reports to compile stats??

That seems correct. I have made similar observations.

quote:

Do I need to edit the database to fix this?? can anyone shed some light on this?? Any help is appreciated.

Stats are are recorded in the league database (e.g. NFL.lge). In the database is a table called "Stats_Players". The defense stats are stored in a string in the column "StatsValues_Group5". Here you find a text like "1:10/2:3/3:0 ....". The number after the "1" stores the tackles, so when you want to add tackle the entry is "1:11/...". You should keep in mind that every stat is recorded twice. When you look on the column "season" you will see often "0". The "0" rows save all career stats, any other number in the columns refers to a certain season (only stats of the season are recorded and not single game stats).

So when you edit stats you have to edit the career ("0") and the actual season row. Key is the player id (which you can find in the player table).

pdozer63 -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (7/1/2009 5:00:53 AM)

Thank guys, for your input. It sounds like I'm gonna need a good night's sleep before I attempt to fix this [>:] but I will crack into the database and try. I was looking in it the other night, I just didn't have a clue and was too chicken to try anything. So, first things first I guess is to get the ID # of all players in question. Many thanks![&o]

pdozer63 -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (7/4/2009 8:14:02 PM)

i tried to fix the database like you said, one problem I run into is that it tells me i cannot edit the database because of the version of MS office. so i have to convert the database. SO i converted to 2003 version. But i have to save it as a different name. I renamed the original database and renamed the new one to reflect the old one, but when I launched the game, MFB doesnt recognize the new db so the league is lost. SO i had to rename the original one back to its original name and the league is back but still with the glitches. any ideas?

Tullius -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (7/4/2009 9:04:41 PM)

I think that converting the database was a mistake. Access2003 is a slightly different format than Access97 and the games uses only the 97 version so that it can not read 2003.

I hope you have a copy of you league file. On FBMax.com is a tool called DBViewer which allows you all changes. When you do not get the file send me your e-mail.

Mykal -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (7/5/2009 3:21:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pdozer63

i tried to fix the database like you said, one problem I run into is that it tells me i cannot edit the database because of the version of MS office. so i have to convert the database. SO i converted to 2003 version. But i have to save it as a different name. I renamed the original database and renamed the new one to reflect the old one, but when I launched the game, MFB doesnt recognize the new db so the league is lost. SO i had to rename the original one back to its original name and the league is back but still with the glitches. any ideas?

Do not convert the DB....................
ignore the message at the start which states you cant edit the document
IT WILL STILL EDIT......... I do it all the time without any hic-ups or problems.

converting it (as you found) makes it unusable

pdozer63 -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (7/5/2009 7:15:39 PM)

ok, I was able to restore everything and edit the database, thanks Mykal for informing me of the edit situation with the database. I have deleted all converted db's. Everything is fixed stat-wise now. Thank you so much you guys for helping me with this problem.
Phew!![X(]

Mykal -> RE: Fixing a stat glitch in database??? (7/9/2009 12:56:03 AM)

No Worries Brother Man [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI