When Playing PBEM games? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Opponents Wanted

Gary Tatro -> When Playing PBEM games? (5/31/2002 10:38:49 PM)

I like delaying against and advance and
advancing against a defend the best.

Scharfschütze -> (5/31/2002 10:57:24 PM)

No, meeting engagements for me. Equal opportunity dying for all involved!

DerC -> (5/31/2002 11:23:21 PM)

I like meeting engagements. At best they can have both defending and attacking in them.

challenge -> (5/31/2002 11:44:14 PM)

I'm a meeting engagement kind of guy, but I don't balk at the rest of them either.

Goblin -> (6/1/2002 7:57:53 AM)

Meeting engagements. But only one that is a meeting engagement! NO HUGE MINEFIELDS!! (Orzel;) ). Right around 50 or so points is ok, but if you aren't setup for an assault, you cannot deal with the mines. (Orzel;) ) I'm not naming names....(Orzel Bialy, aka White Eagle, aka Birdy Boy, aka The Winter City Used Mine King;) )

Goblin- A Goblin is discreet;)

Don Doom -> (6/1/2002 8:14:07 AM)

Like meeting, but will play all.

challenge -> (6/1/2002 8:16:04 AM)

Goblin, a [I]good[/I] commander, like a boy scout, should be prepared for anything. Mines, like stepping on sharp rocks, are just part of the terrain. Stop yer whinin' and kick his butt over it.

A Goblin doth protest too much, me thinks.

Jody -> (6/3/2002 4:59:41 PM)

:D
To keep my wits about me I like to play all, I have found that if you do play just one type it could limit your strategies and your thoughts if you are challenged and the opponent does something your not experienced with.
Jody

Orzel Bialy -> yeah Goblin.... (6/3/2002 9:57:26 PM)

what Challenge said....a good commander expects everything :D

Orzel - An Orzel likes mines!
:)

Rick Borovec -> (6/5/2002 4:41:49 AM)

I'm finding that I prefer Advancing/Delay action vs Meeting Engagements. Mainly due to most MEs develope into a Advance/Delay without the benifit of the point differental. What I mean by that is it almost always is that one or the other force in a Meeting Engagement is able to take the center 3 sets of VH's and then they go on the defensive. Then the other side is put into the position of assualting them to remove them. And while thats ok, most MEs are even point games, and most Advance/Delays are 1.5 to 1 or better. So that you at least have a chance to attack and end up with enough forces left to hold what you take.

Do others find this to be that way too?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI