Thinking about buying : 2 questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> World War II: General Commander

Skyfire7631 -> Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/13/2009 9:30:40 AM)

Hi there, 2 little questions, before I order [:D]

Does the physical shipment comes up with a printed manual ?

And what version is shipped with the game (and related, do the patches from the developpers are available quickly for the Matrix edition) ?

Thanks in advance [:)]

Regards.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/13/2009 9:59:31 AM)

It's the Digital Express version, so it does not come with a prinbted manual - only a PDF.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/13/2009 10:06:00 AM)

Argh, damnit ... ok, thanks.

In such a case, I don't see why I should order from Matrix, directly from the developers would probably be a better idea [:(]

Regards.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/13/2009 10:53:51 AM)

No printed manual, just a full color box and full color CD with order info printed on it. Yes, updates will be quickly available here. Purchasing direct from the developers is perfectly fine, though be aware that there is currently a difference in copy protection.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/13/2009 12:24:27 PM)

Yes, I saw that, the copy protection over there seems to be a bit bothersome, and I have always been satisfied with Matrix ... hmm, what to do, lol [;)]

Anyway, thanks for the answers ...

Regards.

GIveloper -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/13/2009 10:40:53 PM)

Skyfire:

I am going to do something and Erik will hate me... but you can buy it in Carrefour... even we and Matrix will loose money, you will have it cheaper price..

Victor

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/14/2009 9:02:03 AM)

You're talking about the Anuman version, right ? I heard about it, and to put it clearly : first, I had bad experiences with Anuman earlier (support), and second, this is a translated version if I'm not mistaken, which means patches will be late (if ever coming, knowing Anuman). The only good thing is that their version has a printed manual, I think.

So I'd rather order the english version [;)] I'll probably order from Matrix, as I never was disappointed with them [:)]

Regards.

RSGodfrey -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/14/2009 10:06:45 AM)

I've been watching this title since it was released with great interest but was deterred by the copy protection and limited discussion on their boards.

I've played the developers demo scenario and found it enjoyable if limiting as an insight into the game. I watched the video tutorial but find this a clumsy way to learn having to alt-tab between game and video, so two questions:

1. will the Matrix demo have a different scenario to provide a more comprehensive 'taster'?

and

2. are there plans to provide interactive tutorials or tutorials of any description?

many thanks

Richard

Erik Rutins -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/14/2009 4:33:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RSGodfrey
I've been watching this title since it was released with great interest but was deterred by the copy protection and limited discussion on their boards.

Just to comment on this, since the word doesn't always get out - our version has the usual Matrix serial number system, that's it.

quote:

1. will the Matrix demo have a different scenario to provide a more comprehensive 'taster'?

Probably not, as putting more time into a demo is not a high priority right now but this is still being discussed.

quote:

2. are there plans to provide interactive tutorials or tutorials of any description?

For our release, we re-wrote the manual (and that new version will also be in our demo) which I think helps a lot with learning and understanding the game. There is currently no plan for additional tutorials, primarily because we think the learning curve on this game is actually quite low as far as learning how to play. Learning how to play well and win takes more practice, but the interface itself and all the actions are fairly straightforward and well documented in our release.

Regards,

- Erik

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/17/2009 9:40:00 PM)

Hmm, ok, I ordered 3 days ago : my card has not been charged yet, the order is on status "backordered". What's that supposed to mean ? [&:]

Regards

Erik Rutins -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/18/2009 12:47:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyfire76
Hmm, ok, I ordered 3 days ago : my card has not been charged yet, the order is on status "backordered". What's that supposed to mean ? [&:]

Did you order the physical only option?

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/18/2009 1:27:22 PM)

Yep, physical only, not in a hurry, and prefer to have my hands on what I buy [;)]

Regards.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/18/2009 1:56:24 PM)

Ok, the UK warehouse where yours would be coming from should start shipping on Monday. I'll check in on this Monday to get a confirmation on that.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/18/2009 5:37:01 PM)

Thank you, much appreciated [:)]

Regards.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/21/2009 7:59:09 PM)

For the record, order is still on status "backordered" and bank account still not charged ...

Regards.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/21/2009 8:00:07 PM)

Should have shipped out, can you e-mail me with your Order ID please?

storm73 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/21/2009 10:09:13 PM)

First....Sorry for my level of English, but please ŋ can you help me with my Order ID? I donīt Know why, but I canīt donwload it, Iīm trying with your Help Desk but itīs impossible.

[&o] Sorry, and thanks.

Storm73

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/22/2009 7:49:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Should have shipped out, can you e-mail me with your Order ID please?

Will do this evening when back home, thanks for your support.

Regards.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/22/2009 4:46:07 PM)

Requested information sent [;)]

Regards.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/24/2009 4:52:42 PM)

Ok, the order has been processed apparently, thanks [:)] Bank account still not charged, but I won't complain about that, hehe [:D]

Now, waiting for the package ... [:)]

Regards.

Gloo -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/24/2009 8:44:00 PM)

Hi there.

I know I'm a bit late on the subject but I wanted to share my personal experience with Anuman. I own this game "WW2 GC" (a very good one !) as well as another one, sold by this publisher : "Strategic command 2". I'm still waiting for them to release the French version of the patch, allowing to play on the worldwide map. Not to mention the latest one, recently made available by H. Cater... ! I Tried to write them, to know how they justify such a lack of support. First, they tried to fool me, by redirecting me on a long dead forum supposed to host the patch I sought for. When I told them about that, they responded something like : "We'll see with the developer and keep you informed". That was a year ago... I wrote again recently and guess what ? Right ! Same answer...[:@]

Mark my word : I'll never, ever, buy another one from them ! [:-] No matter how interested I'd be in a game to come or it's price, availability, whatsoever ! Plus, I'll pass the word as often as possible.

Their lack of professionalism and laziness, when it comes to releasing localized patches or providing support, is paramount in the genre. Do yourself a favor : stay as far away as you can from "Anuman editions".

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/30/2009 5:02:20 PM)

Package received today [:)] ok, 16 days was a bit long for my taste, but hey, it's there at last [;)]

Regards.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (7/30/2009 7:49:32 PM)

[:(]

Unable to install : setup asks for a 2nd CD, which does not exist. Should there be a second CD ?

damnit

Regards.

EDIT : yes, there should be a second CD, "CD 1 of 2" written on the one I have, making a tech support entry now I suppose [:(]

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (8/3/2009 12:42:21 PM)

Got an email from the delivery support : they're gonna send a new one ... wait time : 7 to 14 days ... ouch [:(]

Regards

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (8/6/2009 4:46:35 PM)

OK, wth, this is getting ridiculous [:@] New package received today ... Guess what ? Only 1 CD inside, the 1st one again ... Can you get any dumber ?

Feedback sent to Digital River :

quote:

Hello,

This is the second time I have to write to you concerning my order of WWII General Commander from Matrix Games (1st order number was : xxxxxxx, feedback sent on 30th of July, order made on 14th of july).

I just received the second package, and for the second time in a row, you sent me an uncomplete package. This software contains 2 CDs, and each time, you sent me only the first CD. So now, I have 2 packages, each with the CD "1 of 2", so of course, completly unusable.

So, please, can you REVIEW YOUR SHIPPING PROCEDURES AND SEND ME THE COMPLETE PACKAGE, that I ordered almost 1 month ago now.

Thanks in advance

I'm starting to be "a bit" pissed off here ... will have to leave for vacation at the end of next week, so I may be back on september still without the game I ordered on the 14th of July [:(]

Regards.

Gloo -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (8/6/2009 5:29:42 PM)

That's weird ! I own the Anuman version and the physical support is one DVD.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (8/6/2009 5:29:55 PM)

Got your e-mail, I agree this is totally unacceptable. Please e-mail me all the order IDs and I'll get to the bottom of it ASAP and get you your second CD.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (8/6/2009 6:18:52 PM)

Thx for the quick reply and actions, already got a new shipping confirmation email. Let's see what I'll get this time, lol [;)]

Regards.

Skyfire7631 -> RE: Thinking about buying : 2 questions (8/10/2009 5:01:37 PM)

Package received, complete this time, and installed, woot [:D] Had a little fear when I saw that one CD was loose in the box (and of course, it was the 2nd, d'uh), but luckily it was not damaged.

Thanks again, Erik.

Regards.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI