Multiplayer: IP only? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> World War II: General Commander

JaguarUSF -> Multiplayer: IP only? (7/16/2009 11:19:55 PM)

Reviewing this...one question (so far): multiplayer: using known IP addresses only or is there some matchmaking/browser feature I am missing?

Erik Rutins -> RE: Multiplayer: IP only? (7/17/2009 12:51:44 AM)

Well, the game comes with a multiplayer server app. In theory, you could set this up, publish the IP and have folks log in to look for a game as there is a bit of a "lobby" once the server is up. However, if you're just looking to play with a buddy, then yes one of you needs to run the server, the other needs to know the IP to login to.

JaguarUSF -> RE: Multiplayer: IP only? (7/17/2009 1:19:45 AM)

I'm still fuzzy on how the server works. Can other people search for existing games if you have one running, or do they need to input your IP address specifically?

Basically, if Bob Joe Henry Bob makes a game, can I join it without knowing his IP address?

GIveloper -> RE: Multiplayer: IP only? (7/17/2009 10:26:47 AM)

The best will be to know who is there hosting a game or let the people know that you want to host a game. You can use to coordinate the available hours using the forum section ”Opponents Wanted”. That will be straighter forward to find what you want, Opponents and Scenarios to play…

Victor.

fernandofurey -> RE: Multiplayer: IP only? (9/12/2009 10:43:32 AM)

I completely agree with you.You have done an great job.. Such an informative and well formed post!Thanks for sharing that, it was wonderful of you.
quote:

ORIGINAL: JaguarUSF

I'm still fuzzy on how the server works. Can other people search for existing games if you have one running, or do they need to input your IP address specifically?

Basically, if Bob Joe Henry Bob makes a game, can I join it without knowing his IP address?

Thanks for the nice collection of this posts.!!!This is really good information....
Good luck!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI