PT Boats (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room

siRkid -> PT Boats (6/1/2002 9:37:37 AM)

I like to take my PT boats in TF of about 8 to 10 and station them one hex outside my forward bases. Usually in a defensive mine field. I put them on Patrol/Do not retire and React to Enemy. They will intercept enemy bombardment missions and disrupt them a little. You might get lucky and get in a torpedo or two. By my reports I have scored to torpedo hits on Jab BB so far using this tactic. I have also used them to chase down crippled ships and send them to the bottom.

Rick

Drex -> (6/1/2002 8:55:02 PM)

i used PT boats to good effect in PacWar and actually defeated a cruiser force once in the Aleutians. Its good to know they are effective in UV also.

von Murrin -> (6/2/2002 6:09:03 AM)

Another great use for them is on the northern coast of NG. Barge killing is a great way to either force the IJN player to commit more valuable assets for resupply, or give up on NG altogether.

Sultanofsham -> (6/2/2002 12:38:29 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by von Murrin
[B]Another great use for them is on the northern coast of NG. Barge killing is a great way to either force the IJN player to commit more valuable assets for resupply, or give up on NG altogether. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, PTs are the perfect answer to barges.

Ron Saueracker -> Aircobras (6/2/2002 2:57:16 PM)

What about using these cannon armed beauties on strafe? Should be able to bust up barges good.

von Murrin -> Re: Aircobras (6/2/2002 4:24:48 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Saueracker
[B]What about using these cannon armed beauties on strafe? Should be able to bust up barges good. [/B][/QUOTE]

That works too. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI