RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:39:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I haven't been taking notes... Damn![:D]

But you still have the tape-recorded conversations?

Chad Harrison -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:39:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

I think you will have a lot of company celebrating on your birthday this year, Chad! [:D]

Yup, the scary part is that it's my 30th. What a way to start the next ten years? [:D]

Charbroiled -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:39:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 51st Highland Div

My serial number for Witp is locked into an Members account that i cant access now as the email address is a defunct one from an old supplier...did i bother to keep it written down anywhere...no.
So a hint to the wise if only using digital download..make sure you keep as many copies of the serial number as you can...[:-]

If you go to the directory where WITP is installed, there should be a file called "serialreg.txt". This file should have your serial number in it.

DrewBlack -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:41:49 PM)

WOW[:D]

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:42:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

quote:

ORIGINAL: 51st Highland Div

My serial number for Witp is locked into an Members account that i cant access now as the email address is a defunct one from an old supplier...did i bother to keep it written down anywhere...no.
So a hint to the wise if only using digital download..make sure you keep as many copies of the serial number as you can...[:-]

If you go to the directory where WITP is installed, there should be a file called "serialreg.txt". This file should have your serial number in it.

Nice tip! Mine is there.

51st Highland Div -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:51:49 PM)

Unfortunately Witp + PC had a slight disagreement with the hard drive going in the bin..along with everything else on it.At the time i had not played WitP for a few years and had thought nothing of it...going to email the helpdesk and provide as much details as i can to attempt to recover any info.
If not i'll still buy the game but without the nice discount...[:D]

langleyCV1 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:52:09 PM)

Nice very Nice even. Little old me starts my summer break on Monday now I wonder what I will be doing next week?

MJT

Kull -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 7:58:24 PM)

Congrats AE team! That "endorphin high" you're all experiencing right now is the result of a deeply difficult task coming to a resoundingly successful conclusion. We are in your debt, for you guys truly sacrificed to make this day a reality.

Barneyrubb90 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 8:11:31 PM)

Thank you to everyone on the team.

And thanks to everyone over the last few weeks keeping the forum interesting with lots of great discussions and threads. Looking forward to a chance to get many more great ideas over the weekend and next week.

BZ and looking forward to the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of your dedicated hard work.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 8:16:02 PM)

For exceptionally meritorious and dedicated service from May 2006 to July 2009 while engaged in the development and release of the Admiral’s Edition of War in the Pacific: The Struggle against Japan 1941 - 1945. The AE Team has reflected great credit upon itself and upheld the highest traditions of Matrix Games.

BRAVO ZULU!!! [&o]

[image]local://upfiles/13152/DD1C9C57F9204F029AD87740FE69E2D1.gif[/image]

Jaws_slith -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 8:17:02 PM)

Thanks AE team [:)]

TheTomDude -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 8:20:10 PM)

[sm=character0272.gif]

Just WOW. Many many many thanks to the AE Team and Matrix Games.

THANK YOU SO MUCH [&o][sm=happy0065.gif]

bilbow -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 8:30:20 PM)

Fantastic!

I've already warned my wife about the impending release. AE plus 4 WITP PBEMs. My life surely gone now.

tocaff -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 8:41:57 PM)

YABBA DABBA DOO!

Now I can devote the weekend to getting my desktop working again.

Graymane -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:03:09 PM)

Congrats, it is a job well done!

ny59giants -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:13:05 PM)

Thankfully, I worked on July 4th and have a Comp day as a result. I have Tuesday thru Friday off next week. Perfect timing. [:)]

KUDOS to the AE Team for their efforts. I will need to stock up on coffee, beer, and chips for next week's marathon sessions of game playing.

Oldguard1970 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:21:05 PM)

Did Termy just give an affirmative answer... and smile?   Did AE just go Gold?  Did the world stop spinning?  Did my next many months (and probably more) just become totally committed?  Did the AE team just earn more doggone gratitude than we can express? 

YES!!!  HooAh!

Cathartes -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:25:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bilbow

Fantastic!

I've already warned my wife about the impending release. AE plus 4 WITP PBEMs. My life surely gone now.

You can't imagine. [;)]

bilbow -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:27:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cathartes

quote:

ORIGINAL: bilbow

Fantastic!

You can't imagine. [;)]

And I will enjoy every minute of it

ckk -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:32:02 PM)

[&o][&o][&o]

SuluSea -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:50:11 PM)

It's hard to imagine this date coming. I guess I can kiss a good nights sleep goodbye until I get my download cue...........Heck , and maybe for sometime after I download it. No complaints though, I'll have to grin and bear it. [;)]

Congratulations to Henderson and Matrix. [:)]

kaleun -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:52:12 PM)

Yeah!
YeeeeHaw!

[&o]Monday please, let it be Monday[&o]

sval062 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 9:57:34 PM)

It's not fun, my wife will come back from her holidays monday evening. [:@]
It will be hard to seem happy with AE on my drive.

So would it be possible to postpone the release? [:D]

Now, I am sure that I have ennemies all over the world [8|]

PS: Thanks to all AE Team [&o] [&o]

Apollo11 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 10:16:00 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make the official announcement. War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition has gone Gold. We are in the final stages of release and we expect the release date to be either Monday, July 27th or Tuesday, July 28th (if we hit a snag on Monday).

I'd like to publicly thank the AE Team who worked on the design, development and testing on this project. Their hard work, expertise, professionalism, and diligence have truly paid off. As with any first release of a complex game, I'm sure AE will have some issues to work through, but we are confident it is solid, better than WITP 1.00 (or 1.8x) and ready to play.

I've worked on the development teams for Uncommon Valor, War in the Pacific, War Plan Orange and now Admiral's Edition and it has been my pleasure to work with these guys and be a part of this release. Some team members I've worked with closer than others and we did lose some folks along the way, but the team pulled together through thick and thin. When you fire up Admiral's Edition, I think you'll see the attention to detail and the incredible body of historical and real-life knowledge that was put into this project both from a code design/development standpoint as well as from a historical research standpoint.

When I first spoke on the phone with Joe years ago regarding working together to improve WITP and eventually enhance it with a new release, I didn't really know what to expect, as while I was impressed with Joe and Don's qualifications, many similar projects do end up falling apart. But the AE team persevered and this was truly a team effort, no cliche - a large number of people all contributed greatly to its success. Each individual contribution was key to the overall result, which is truly greater than the sum of its parts. With that said, I do want to specifically thank Joe Wilkerson for his yeoman work as the overall coordinator and project lead. Well done, AE Team!

I look forward to watching you all rediscover WITP (or discover it for the first time) through the AE release. I encourage you to try all the scenarios and to give the Editor a spin, we think it's significantly better than the WITP editor and with the AE scale, the game is eminently suitable for smaller partial-map scenarios as well. I hope we'll see some of those before long.

And don't forget to check the credits and thank the AE Team from time to time, most of them came right from the WITP community and gave up a lot of WITP playing time (as well as family time, real jobs, etc.) to work on this instead! [8D]

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks Erik! [:)]

Thanks to the WitP-AE team![&o][&o][&o]

Thanks to original WitP team![&o][&o][&o]

Leo "Apollo11"

captskillet -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 10:20:46 PM)

slightly off topic but I guess all the planets must be aligning right or something..............AE goes gold and Mark Buehrle of the White Sox tosses only the 18th perfect game in ML history!!!!

uncc -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 10:28:49 PM)

WANTED: creative excuses to explain the following: sudden (say Tuesday-ish), extreme drop in production, lack of interest in current work projects, inability to return phone/email messages in a timely manner, etc, to my bosses???

p.s. also need good (e.g., believable/sincere) reason(s) to encourage wife to go on an extended visit to see relatives in Tennessee

[:D]

Hornblower -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 10:31:24 PM)

Holy crap-po-la.  I have 72-96 hrs to try to get my campaign game completed before AE!!!!  its 10/24/1943 and the question is can i get to 3x VPs on 1/1/44 and achieve auto victory ????

Cribtop -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 10:31:36 PM)

HOODY-HOO!!

I'll kick the tires for a week or two and then it's PBEM time!

DivePac88 -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 10:35:51 PM)

To the AE team past and present, I have the great pleasure in presenting the ‘Captain James T Kirk Award’ for outstanding devotion and perseverance in their guest to improve WitP.

Thank You Very Much. DP

[image]local://upfiles/30275/1564766A2C3F433DA6A5DD2EE5DE5B70.jpg[/image]

bstarr -> RE: Admiral's Edition is GOLD! (7/23/2009 10:36:22 PM)

I'll go right now and sit my daughter down and let her know that Daddy still loves her but she may not see him again for some time. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI