AE and Font Type (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

wgs_explorer -> AE and Font Type (7/23/2009 6:31:33 PM)

I know this was covered long ago in WitP, but is it possible to change the font type used in AE? If it could be done the same way as in WitP, could someone enlighten me as to the method?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

viberpol -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/23/2009 6:56:19 PM)

In WITP you just needed to add phrase "-altFont" in the target path of the shortcut to get the alternative font.
Example: "D:\GAMES\Best game ever\War in the Pacific.exe" -altFont

wgs_explorer -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/23/2009 7:26:20 PM)

Many, many thanks. A world of difference!

Bill

wdolson -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/24/2009 12:47:19 AM)

In AE, it done the same way.  Unfortunately, we couldn't offer a larger font.  The way the various screens work, it was pretty much impossible to do.

Bill

wgs_explorer -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/24/2009 2:29:55 AM)

For me, its not so much the font size, its those #@$*! serif fonts. They're uncomfortable--not difficult, just uncomfortable--to read. I tried the solution above on WitP and its so much nicer.

Bill

stuman -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/24/2009 3:29:06 AM)

That did not seem to change anything for me. Just adding altFont to the exe is all it takes ?

viberpol -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/24/2009 8:53:42 PM)

You have to make a shortcut, and modify the target string adding -altFont at the end, just like I said before.
Then click the new created shortcut if you want to begin the game, not an .exe file.

I also like the alternative font without serifs.

tbridges -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/24/2009 9:03:19 PM)

Is there a space in front of the -altFont?

wgs_explorer -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/25/2009 1:56:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbridges

Yes there is. One thing I've noticed though. I am running 2 installs of the game on my computer: one running under BootCamp (I'm running on a MacBook Pro) and one running under Parallels. The " -altFont" extension replaces the serif fonts on the BootCamp install, but does nothing to the Parallels install. I know it has nothing to do with Mac or Parallels or BootCamp. I am assuming it has something to do with the fonts already installed in the computer, but what specifically I don't know. I don't know that much about this aspect of Windows. All I'm saying is that evidently the shortcut 'extension' may or may not work.

The final result should look like: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe" -altFont

(Remember your result may vary depending where your game is installed.)

This is in the box labeled "Target:"

Bill

tbridges -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/25/2009 2:47:36 PM)

Thanks Bill, this will help these old eyes out a lot.

stuman -> RE: AE and Font Type (7/25/2009 7:07:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wgs_explorer

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbridges

Yes there is. One thing I've noticed though. I am running 2 installs of the game on my computer: one running under BootCamp (I'm running on a MacBook Pro) and one running under Parallels. The " -altFont" extension replaces the serif fonts on the BootCamp install, but does nothing to the Parallels install. I know it has nothing to do with Mac or Parallels or BootCamp. I am assuming it has something to do with the fonts already installed in the computer, but what specifically I don't know. I don't know that much about this aspect of Windows. All I'm saying is that evidently the shortcut 'extension' may or may not work.

The final result should look like: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific\War in the Pacific.exe" -altFont

(Remember your result may vary depending where your game is installed.)

This is in the box labeled "Target:"

Bill

You are correct, it does not always work, although I do not know why.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI