New AAR Forum? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Treznor -> New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 3:15:04 AM)

Howdy, I was wondering if AE will still be a sub forum of WITP or become a separate one? That question also applies to AAR's, will there be a new AE sub-forum or will they be incorporated into the old AAR sub-forum?

Terminus -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 5:25:46 AM)

As far as I know, Matrix intends to launch a separate AE forum once the game is launched. They'll actually turn the already existent AE forum (with its redirect link to this place) into a real forum.

Chad Harrison -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 3:57:39 PM)

With the gold announcement here, and release imminent, seems like there's no better time to do so than right now.

. . . However, I have no idea how hard it is to do something like that. You know how us non-programmer types are [:D]

TheOx -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 3:58:43 PM)

Are peole interested in single player AARs at all, or do just the PBEMs acquire interest?

Chad Harrison -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 5:15:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheOx

Are peole interested in single player AARs at all, or do just the PBEMs acquire interest?

It would seem that while there is interest in AI AAR's for other games, not so much for this game. I do not know of a single WitP AI AAR that lasted. Some may have started, but I think they all died out - if they even existed beyond the first post.

I may be wrong, but that's my impression. Reading about how someone beat down on the AI in WitP just doesnt hold someones interest like playing against a real opponent. Maybe the new AI will change this though . . .

CaptDave -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 5:45:40 PM)

On the other hand, I find any well-written AAR interesting to read. The biggest problem I've found with the single-player AARs is the amount of "advice" that gets offered about what the AI will do. That's when I stop reading, because while I know the AI will follow a more or less historical trend, it makes the game less enjoyable if I know in advance that the AI will never attack port XYZ, for example.

wworld7 -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 7:06:33 PM)

I only read PBEMs.

Grotius -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 8:18:40 PM)

I've read AI AARs here. I also wrote a 40-page AI AAR but posted it in another forum, not here, because I had more interest in the other forum -- it's a forum of my "guild" from online games. I could've posted it here too, but I didn't have the time or energy to maintain two AARs at once.

dr. smith -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 9:14:06 PM)

I definitely would read AI AARs.

It was one of those that told me to look out for the fuel-less KB, forgetting to refuel or refit.

Chad Harrison -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 10:23:16 PM)

Well there you go, not only have there been AI AAR's, but there's interest in them.

RalfBHV -> RE: New AAR Forum? (7/24/2009 10:29:47 PM)

I remember, the excellent AAR from "Thayne".

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI