Machine gunners who can't see (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support

Scout 50 -> Machine gunners who can't see (7/24/2009 10:32:19 PM)

While playing The Longest Day I seem to have endless problems with MGers who can't see, while squad mates take pot shots with their rifle. This seems to be especially prevalent when firing out of buildings. I don't recall having this problem with Wacht am Rhein or earlier versions of CC. It seems obvious to me that if you order a squad to a position and then set its field of fire in a certain direction, the clear expectation is that the principle weapon of the squad will be set up to fire in that direction. It has gotten to the point were I don't trust MGs as units, as I never know if the MG is going to fire or not in any given situation.

I read mention of the "can't see" problem in another thread. Is this a problem just with The Longest Day? Is there a fix in the works? Is anyone else having similar frustrations?

Otherwise, a truly excellent game.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Machine gunners who can't see (7/24/2009 11:03:30 PM)

Have you installed the latest beta patch...  this has been addressed in the code and we would like feedback.

Scout 50 -> RE: Machine gunners who can't see (7/24/2009 11:26:00 PM)

Beta patch with a fix - excellent. Where I do find the beta patch? I

panzerlehr62 -> RE: Machine gunners who can't see (7/24/2009 11:43:32 PM)

I wish my oppenent had thous problems. I have nitemares from the sound of all thous german mgs I run into in battle after battle after battle. [:@]

Gz...

Fred98 -> RE: Machine gunners who can't see (7/25/2009 12:20:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scout 50

Beta patch with a fix - excellent. Where I do find the beta patch? I

See the black menu bar at the top of the screen

Click on "members" and register the game.

Then the download is available

-

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI