RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:15:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

You need a laptop, my friend.  [8D]

I do, but even if I did have one, I can't take it to work. Something about security....

Have you tried explaining that you're in the National Guard, not the actual US Army?[:'(]

yeah but training accidents are already a million times higher in the guard than the army[:'(]. so they can't have them distracted any more.[:'(]

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:16:07 PM)

quote:

The National Guard is worse than the Army, from what I hear. [8|]

only if you like keeping all your limbs attached and not being run over by some weekend warrior who thinks driving a tank is fun[:'(]

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:16:36 PM)

LOL the worst training accident I can have here is a paper cut. [:D]

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:17:17 PM)

ok guys we need to concentrate on getting to 1k on the thread so we can switch to this one full time.

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:17:42 PM)

I used to like driving APCs.  Haven't driven one in about 10 years though....

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:18:05 PM)

quote:

Unfortunately, mine is weekend and weekday, and I'm rather tired of it.  I want my weekends back and want to grow my beard back as well.

But you volunteered, didn't you? Also, is it a full time job or are you mobilized?

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:20:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

Unfortunately, mine is weekend and weekday, and I'm rather tired of it.  I want my weekends back and want to grow my beard back as well.

But you volunteered, didn't you? Also, is it a full time job or are you mobilized?

Yeah I volunteered (thanks for reminding me). [:D] I've been in for 21 years and full time the past 6, including a mob. I actually loved it but am ready to move on to bigger and better things..... and the wife unit wants the beard back.

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:20:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gem35

I vote we have the mods move the whole thread over here, there can only be one true thread as Mike stated in the first post.

Oh and Good Afternoon Friends [:)]

nice to see ya again gem whatcha been up to?

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:30:38 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah I volunteered (thanks for reminding me). [:D] I've been in for 21 years and full time the past 6, including a mob. I actually loved it but am ready to move on to bigger and better things..... and the wife unit wants the beard back.

I see! Are you an officer?
Which parts of the National Guard are full time? Service and administration?

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:31:21 PM)

Why do you think we call him Major Mike?

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:35:36 PM)

Do you think I read any posting here? Do you think I read THE THREAD before posting in it? Does everyone write my rank when posting?

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:36:52 PM)

I'm an army type.  I love mud. [:D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:40:58 PM)

And on that note, I take my leave. Shame on you for turning your back on THE THREAD so quickly...[:-]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:51:53 PM)

quote:

Me too. Arty. Hated mud though, and rain, and dust, and heat, and cold, and bugs, warm beer and alphabetical-rats, ugh!

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 8:54:34 PM)

Me too. Mountain Armoured Recce
Initially, I wanted to fly.. [:(]

bradfordkay -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:00:52 PM)

quote:

You should be quartermaster corps... Major Production Fanboy...[;)]

JWE -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:12:16 PM)

quote:

Me too. Mountain Armoured Recce
Initially, I wanted to fly.. [:(]

Woof! I think I, too, would rather want to fly through the mountains, than run armour through them. Mountain Armoured Recce is a whole new concept for me. Fascinating, Historiker! But then, I really do love those interesting bits and pieces that another country developed.

So how should we address you with your rank? I am all in favor of giving a man his due.

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:21:44 PM)

Well... Hmm.. Ääääh...

Obergefreiter aka Senior Lance-Corporal

Just a conscript which I regret from time to time [:(]

I wanted to volunteer for 12 years officer-career when I decided to look at it first. Being in the army, I broke my hand and was off for a considerable time. When all was fine again, I was already studying. Now I'm too old for even the reservists career [:(] On the other hand, I might go back with the rank of at least Captain with a university degree, but free market offers MUCH better income and Germany doesn't respect its soldiers.
I'd rather volunteer now for the US-Forces or the IDF (which I can't, no Jew) as they respect their soldiers...

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:24:45 PM)

Historiker, even a Private or Seaman Recruit in the Armed Forces deserve their recognition!  Thank you for serving and helping to preserve freedom!  [8D]

(10 years enlisted in the USN here [;)] )

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:26:24 PM)

So, is this notorius thread open to all, or do you have to pass some grognard-test? [;)]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:27:25 PM)

Yeah, let's not be dissing the ordinary dog-face here. We actually worked for a living.

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:27:59 PM)

Grollub, anyone who does not take themselves too seriously is very welcome!  [:)]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:30:10 PM)

Thanks, then I don't need to worry [:)]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:30:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Historiker, even a Private or Seaman Recruit in the Armed Forces deserve their recognition!  Thank you for serving and helping to preserve freedom!  [8D]

(10 years enlisted in the USN here [;)] )

I even volunteered for Afghanistan as I support the deployment there. How can I support sending other guys there without being willed to do it myself?
They didn't want me. My unit goes to Bosnia, that was offered. But what would I want there? So I rejected...

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:32:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

So, is this notorius thread open to all, or do you have to pass some grognard-test? [;)]

it is open to all so long as you can deal with the insanity[:D]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:32:17 PM)

Historiker, maybe you should've gone to Bosnia. Sad to say, but things are heading in the wrong direction there (again) [:(]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:37:00 PM)

maybe, but neither does it count on me there, nore have I ever supported the deployment there. So no reason. Especially no when the perspective is to be commanded by a stupid guy without any literacy that's 5 years younger - while I write my docter's thesis...
Sorry, I'm too snobbish for something like that - especially as I know which guys usually form the ranks that'd command me there!

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:40:04 PM)

Since you have obviously thought this out, I respect your decision.

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:43:33 PM)

Have you been there?

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/27/2009 9:48:45 PM)

Actually no. But I've served in Kosovo. Also, the last two years of my service in the Swedish Armed Forces, I worked at our Joint Forces HQ/J5 branch/Balkans desk. I have just quit that job though and started as a teacher at our national defence college instead.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI