RE: THE THREAD!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 3:59:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: HMS Resolution

My major problem is coping with the new air operations tempo. Also, I miss the US air force's groups vice squadrons.

Wow, I didn't know that (since I never play the Allies). [:D] Lots more units, eh?

CHS has them broken out into squadrons as well. I'd have a hard time getting used to the airgroups of 72 fighters now. [:D]

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 3:59:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

My major problem is coping with the new air operations tempo. Also, I miss the US air force's groups vice squadrons.

Wow, I didn't know that (since I never play the Allies). [:D] Lots more units, eh?

Yeah, and they're all so small!

On the plus side, I think the Pearl Harbor strike only killed one, maybe two of my battleships, tops. I was getting a little worried by all the alarmist rhetoric going around.

i lost 3

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 3:59:26 PM)

quote:

the US air force's groups vice squadrons.

Do they wear stockings and high heels?

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 3:59:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bobogoboom

quote:

quote:

i play chs so it's not that diff.

Yeah, what bobo said. [:D]

bobogoboom -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 3:59:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

quote:

CHS has them broken out into squadrons as well. I'd have a hard time getting used to the airgroups of 72 fighters now. [:D]

yeah give me squadrons any day.

Dixie -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:00:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

On the plus side, I think the Pearl Harbor strike only killed one, maybe two of my battleships, tops. I was getting a little worried by all the alarmist rhetoric going around.

First time around it killed two, plus two more sank due to raging fires. This time only Arizona went down and the rest look pretty safe. I lost USS Detroit though, she was the lynchpin of my South Pacific defensive plan [:(]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:01:03 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

i lost 3

6 + 2 over 85% flt damage here. [:D]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:01:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

[;)]

USSAmerica -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:02:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

First time around it killed two, plus two more sank due to raging fires. This time only Arizona went down and the rest look pretty safe. I lost USS Detroit though, she was the lynchpin of my South Pacific defensive plan [:(]

I smell sarcasm. [;)]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:02:55 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman

quote:

Actually no. But I've served in Kosovo. Also, the last two years of my service in the Swedish Armed Forces, I worked at our Joint Forces HQ/J5 branch/Balkans desk. I have just quit that job though and started as a teacher at our national defence college instead.

Interesting. Do you have a specific area of interest that you specialize in ?

Not really - I'm supposed to teach in general military theory and it's appliance on tactics and operations (using examples from military history).

However, as a side project, I'm also supposed to try out new games to see if we can use them in our lessons, as well as to design scenarios for "The Operational Art of War" which we use as gaming engine during some of our exercises ... [:D]

Hey Grollub, when were you in Kosovo? I was there 2004-2005.

You were there earlier than me then. I was there from july 2006 to february 2007.

You were at MNB(E)? Bondsteel?

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:04:43 PM)

quote:

Yeah. [:D] My wife just didn't get that many of us wanted more realism.  She figured WitP was realistic enough.  I just couldn't get her to realize that there are many here who know far too much detail about it all. 

Now that's funny! [:D]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:07:55 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

[;)]

[sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000289.gif]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:12:10 PM)

quote:

I'm having a problem with the ship designations.  Gotta keep referring to the manual. [:D]

Well, you gots yer xAP, yer xAK, yer CMc, yer AMc, yer HDML and yer SSX... Can't really make it any simpler than that...[:'(]

HMS Resolution -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:20:13 PM)

quote:

quote:

Can't afford to ask, I need the pilots.

Admiral DadMan -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:20:37 PM)

OMG, THE THREAD lives here too?

Speedysteve -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:24:53 PM)

EVERYWHERE!![8D]

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:25:41 PM)

Resistance is futile

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:39:00 PM)

Hi all,

Good day!

Leo "Apollo11"

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:39:35 PM)

Hi all,

5 (five) pages of new posts to read in main WitP-AE forum since midnight last night?!?! [X(][X(][X(]

Leo "Apollo11"

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:40:50 PM)

Hi leo. We've been busy while you've been shirking your page-filling responsibilities.

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:40:56 PM)

You have anything better to do?[:'(]

Apollo11 -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:41:39 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

poor.

:(

Any diagnosis yet, Nik?

no conclusive diagnosis. GI doc is now saying it's stress induced. There's a distant poss. of stomach cancer but its a low probability.

Best of luck Nik - take care!

Leo "Apollo11"

sprior -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:43:09 PM)

No.

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:52:44 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually no. But I've served in Kosovo. Also, the last two years of my service in the Swedish Armed Forces, I worked at our Joint Forces HQ/J5 branch/Balkans desk. I have just quit that job though and started as a teacher at our national defence college instead.

Not really - I'm supposed to teach in general military theory and it's appliance on tactics and operations (using examples from military history).

However, as a side project, I'm also supposed to try out new games to see if we can use them in our lessons, as well as to design scenarios for "The Operational Art of War" which we use as gaming engine during some of our exercises ... [:D]

You were there earlier than me then. I was there from july 2006 to february 2007.

Yup, sure was. I downloaded WitP at the mob station in Jul 09 and spent the year learning it. The only downfall was I didn't have access to this website. I had to learn everything on my own. Upside was that I got to spend about 4+ hours a day for a year to learn it. [:D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:54:16 PM)

quote:

will post this here also

ok so i know t will answer this. i expected to see withdraw dates for all my dutch units and most of my pi units. i see some commands i can't change for us air units and some nz air units around fiji with withdraw dates but where are the dutch units with withdraw dates am i not looking in the right spot?[&:] 

No withdraw dates. They are static restricted, which means they can never become unrestricted, and can't be Sir Robin'ed out of there. Because of that, there's no need for withdrawal dates.

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 4:55:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

will post this here also

ok so i know t will answer this. i expected to see withdraw dates for all my dutch units and most of my pi units. i see some commands i can't change for us air units and some nz air units around fiji with withdraw dates but where are the dutch units with withdraw dates am i not looking in the right spot?[&:] 

No withdraw dates. They are static restricted, which means they can never become unrestricted, and can't be Sir Robin'ed out of there. Because of that, there's no need for withdrawal dates.

Yeah, the Japanese player decides the "withdrawl date". [:D] [:'(]

Grollub -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 5:04:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yup, sure was. I downloaded WitP at the mob station in Jul 09 and spent the year learning it. The only downfall was I didn't have access to this website. I had to learn everything on my own. Upside was that I got to spend about 4+ hours a day for a year to learn it. [:D]

[:)] I did almost the same thing. Bought the game in 2005, but found the learning curve somewhat steep after playing Gary Grigsby's old PacWar. Then, when I went to Kosovo, I bought me a new laptop and installed WiTP on it. Spent most of my evenings down there devising new ways to maul the AI [:)]

Historiker -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 5:08:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

will post this here also

great improvement! Is this hard coded through the slots?

Mike Solli -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 5:09:10 PM)

Uh, make that Jul 04 when I bought WitP. [:D]

Terminus -> RE: THE THREAD!!! (7/28/2009 5:10:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

quote:

quote:

will post this here also

great improvement! Is this hard coded through the slots?

No. You can tick a box to activate it.

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI