Where's My Radar ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

lazydawg -> Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 2:05:32 PM)

My first post after lurking for 5 years!

Now here is my question:

In the Industry/Troops/Resource pool list, it states that the SCR-270 replacements don't start showing up until 12/43. Is this correct ?

Andy Mac -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 2:45:34 PM)

Some of them I think thats the Chinese variant

lazydawg -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 3:14:21 PM)

Something is still fishy. For example, I fired up the editor & loaded Scenario 1. The Oahu Harbor Defense unit (Unit ID 5550) has SCR-270 radar (Device ID 1191). Replacements for device ID 1191 do not start arriving until December 1943.

Terminus -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 3:19:10 PM)

It's a placeholder. The way the system works is that the radar is part of the unit TO&E, but won't actually start filling out until the device becomes available.

We do the same with Jap planes that feature airborne radar and MAD.

lazydawg -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 3:29:54 PM)

Okay, it just seems strange that the replacements for the CPS-1 radar start showing up on 1/43 and the SCR-270 radar replacements start on 12/43.

Terminus -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 3:34:38 PM)

Okay, now I see the problem. The SCR is supposed to upgrade to the CPS, but the CPS arrives a year earlier. Pretty sure that's a typo.

Could you do me a favour, and make a post about it in the "AE Land and AI Issues" sticky thread? We're trying to gather everything there.

JWE -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 3:38:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus
Okay, now I see the problem. The SCR is supposed to upgrade to the CPS, but the CPS arrives a year earlier. Pretty sure that's a typo.

Could you do me a favour, and make a post about it in the "AE Land and AI Issues" sticky thread? We're trying to gather everything there.

Yeah, Termie, I think it is a database typo. I captured it on my list too, so between Land and Nav, it ought to get done.

Yep, was a typo. Shoulda been 12/41 instead of 12/43 for device 1191. The Chinese SCR-270 stays as a 43 device.

lazydawg -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 3:38:42 PM)

Okay. Hey, I've made my first contibution to the effort !

Terminus -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 3:40:07 PM)

[;)]

Kwik E Mart -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 6:22:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncdawg

Okay. Hey, I've made my first contibution to the effort !

Maybe other forumites should wait five years before posting issues...seems way more effective/productive...[X(]

JWE -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 6:30:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart
Maybe other forumites should wait five years before posting issues...seems way more effective/productive...[X(]

We are monitoring the boards very closely. Each of the teams has a punch-list generated by posts just like ncdawg's. The time to fix things is "early", before stuff really gets rolling.

USSAmerica -> RE: Where's My Radar ? (7/28/2009 6:38:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

We are monitoring the boards very closely. Each of the teams has a punch-list generated by posts just like ncdawg's. The time to fix things is "early", before stuff really gets rolling.

Indeed, particularly DB corrections that require game restarts to be picked up. [8D]

You guys have done, and continue to do a fantastic job! Thanks! [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI