Average Turn Processing Time (vs AI) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

dpazuk -> Average Turn Processing Time (vs AI) (7/28/2009 6:18:32 PM)

For those of you who have played the game a bit vs the AI, from the time you press the end turn button, what is the average turn processing time?

I recall there was some tweaking of AI processing in the original version.

My desktop is fairly beefy (Quad Core AMD Phenom 3.0 Ghz, 4 Gigs of Ram).

Will having a dual or quad core CPU make a difference in processing times?

Lawnchair Warrior -> RE: Average Turn Processing Time (vs AI) (7/28/2009 7:22:20 PM)

Also, has the length of time for the first turn gotten a lot longer? 

henri51 -> RE: Average Turn Processing Time (vs AI) (7/28/2009 7:22:32 PM)

I have only played the Coral sea scenario with the AI playing both sides on a quad Intel with a 9600x gaphics card., but the game is too fast for me to follow. The slowest part is the detailed combat screen, but you can turn that off. It only takes a few seconds after I press the orders button for the turn to kick in.

Considering the minimum requirements, you should have no problem with a quad computer.

Henri

dpazuk -> RE: Average Turn Processing Time (vs AI) (7/28/2009 7:56:20 PM)

Thanks for the response Henri.

From what I have read in the Tech Support Section, it appears that there is built in support for dual core processors as well (-dual command line switch).

Me likey!

I will be picking up the game on Friday evening for a full out weekend blitz and this was the only real concern I had.

Iridium -> RE: Average Turn Processing Time (vs AI) (7/28/2009 7:58:08 PM)

2.4GHz Dual Core here with 4 GBs of RAM and a shiney new Nvidia GTX 285 (not that it helps do anything in WitP: AE).

I can get the grand campaign's 1st turn done in a few minutes ( ~3 ) with half second delays and no animations or summaries.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI