where did all the e's go? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

borjsgm -> where did all the e's go? (7/28/2009 8:43:02 PM)

I was putting a ship in Pearl into the repair queue (8 dec turn 2) and somehow managed to lose all the e's in the text base.
There is also some overlap in the lettering on some screens when trying to load certain elements in port.
Little things I know, and I recall WITP having the same errors in code way back when prior to getting patched out.

Do you need a saved game file at all?

Borj

wdolson -> RE: where did all the e's go? (7/29/2009 2:19:04 AM)

This is a DirectX glitch.  If you quit the game and restart, it should clear itself.  It happened to one of the play testers once. Not sure what we can do about it because I think the problem is in DirectX somewhere and it only happens once in a while.

Bill

Jmsimer -> RE: where did all the e's go? (7/30/2009 3:46:12 AM)

Same thing happened to me but with r's. Restarting the game cleared up the problem.

TheTomDude -> RE: where did all the e's go? (7/30/2009 3:20:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

This is a DirectX glitch.  If you quit the game and restart, it should clear itself.  It happened to one of the play testers once. Not sure what we can do about it because I think the problem is in DirectX somewhere and it only happens once in a while.

Bill

Well dunno if it's that rare. I playeyed from Dec. 7th to Dec. 20th and had it twice while allocating ship repairs. One with P's and one with R's.
At least you can get rid of it easily be re-starting but it's annoying anyway.

wdolson -> RE: where did all the e's go? (7/31/2009 1:14:41 AM)

Do you happen to have a multi core machine?  This may be another manfestation of the same problems others have been seeing?

At least that's the idea I'm kicking around at the moment.

Bill

byron13 -> RE: where did all the e's go? (8/1/2009 5:31:12 AM)

Happened to me, too. Pentium 4 3.0GHz purchased in 9/03.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI