RE: Physical Shipment Status (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Erik Rutins -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 4:41:28 PM)

Yes, we thought of that. They would not let us come to their warehouse until Wednesday and we would have to use their warehouse staff, at 3x the cost and no guarantee as to how long it would take them to finish, therefore doing it in ours where we know it can be done in 1 business day should be faster. Believe me, we are doing everything we can to get these manuals out to you.

Sauvequipeut -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 5:26:15 PM)

UK - Got an e-mail an hour ago that my copy is shipping

Meroka37 -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 5:34:34 PM)

Email received that game has been shipped to my home [:D]

Banquet -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 5:45:35 PM)

Still showing backordered for me, and no notification rec'd.. disappointing..

sventhebold -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:13:13 PM)

Hells Bells Boys. I live in Minnesota. Do you need me to drive over and help slap some labels on? I've got
the time and willing to put in the elbow grease.

Rainer -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:15:19 PM)

Strange - my order (Europe) still shows "backordered", no other information received.
This is very disappointing. I ordered July 27 ("Physical Shipment").

EDIT: Anyone in Germany or Central Europe who received the disk or at least has been notified about the shipment?

EDIT2: 10 minutes after posting DR send the email: "shipped" [:)]

V22 Osprey -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:18:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, we thought of that. They would not let us come to their warehouse until Wednesday and we would have to use their warehouse staff, at 3x the cost and no guarantee as to how long it would take them to finish, therefore doing it in ours where we know it can be done in 1 business day should be faster. Believe me, we are doing everything we can to get these manuals out to you.

So basicly its still going to take another week just to ship it from Matrix, then another week to me from NWS, so I basicly have to accept that I'm not going to be able play this during my remaining summer vacation.I should just cancel my order and forget it...I'm very dissappointed in Matrix having delaying a game over something so silly.Whatever.[8|]

hbrsvl -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:25:53 PM)

Erik-No email for me, yet.

I hope you have recourse against your China supplier for your extra expense incurred.

Again, thanks for all the heads up.

Hugh Browne

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:33:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

Strange - my order (Europe) still shows "backordered", no other information received.
This is very disappointing. I ordered July 27 ("Physical Shipment").

EDIT: Anyone in Germany or Central Europe who received the disk or at least has been notified about the shipment?

hier auch nix - wie vorher.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:33:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey
So basicly its still going to take another week just to ship it from Matrix, then another week to me from NWS, so I basicly have to accept that I'm not going to be able play this during my remaining summer vacation.I should just cancel my order and forget it...I'm very dissappointed in Matrix having delaying a game over something so silly.Whatever.[8|]

It was not our choice to delay shipment, we're doing everything we can to speed it up and unfortunately by ordering a new game from a re-seller you will almost always get an additional delay because they get their first orders sent at the same time we send orders to our direct customers. Why not order digital + physical so you can download and play now while you wait for the shipment?

aztez -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:34:27 PM)

No email either. Allthough just checked with digital river website.

The order stated COMPLETED .. and Shipment status was FULFILLED.

The date seemed 3rd of August so I guess they have shipped the game out.

Now that they would refund the mistake order I made than everything should be ok [:)]

----------

Actually just recieved the shipment confirmation so the the box is on its way.

Now just the bank have to wait a bit.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:34:46 PM)

Please note that shipment notifications sometimes lag the shipment itself, some of you may be getting notifications tomorrow but the copy already shipped out today. I've noticed this in the past with the UK warehouse. It's good to know that orders are being fulfilled now though, they should be fulfilled in the order they were received.

Rainer -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:46:41 PM)

Gerade kam das Email von DR "shipped" [:)]
Hope they'll do the same for you
Grüsse aus Bayern
Rainer

Rainer -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 6:53:27 PM)

One problem is when ordering "Physical Shipment" BY ACCIDENT you cannot change the order (I know it is my fault).
And you cannot download either.

I had a support conversation with Daniel Heath about this which said:

quote:

Hi
After looking up your order we see that you have only ordered the Physical product with no download, therefore you cannot download your order.

Don't understand why customers are prevented from downloading, even if the price is the same.
Not sure what will happen when DVD gets lost or damaged ...

AttuWatcher -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:01:02 PM)

Just a suggestion...
if the price is the same there should be only a DL+PHY option and nothing else (besides the DL only for the discount).
If you buy it without the intention of using the DL who cares...but IF you need it you have it.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:01:23 PM)

Unfortunately, it's a technical limitation of the store which we can't get DR to change (so far). Once you choose your method we can't change it to another without canceling the order entirely and starting over.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:02:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FAsea
Just a suggestion... but if the price is the same there should be only a DL+PHY option and nothing else. If you buy it without the intention of using the DL who cares...but IF you need it you have it.

I originally thought so too, but you would be surprised how many folks want "physical only" and would be concerned that buying "digital + physical" meant they HAD to download something. We've got the current three options as the minimum set we can really offer.

Oliver Heindorf -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:21:15 PM)

I have just received an email. UK shop is now shipping. [:)]

thanks to Erik Rutins ! [&o]

and now ...

nur der HSV !

moonraker65 -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:40:41 PM)

Yes I've just received my shipment notification e-mail. Excellent !!. Thanks Erik.

Rainer -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:41:50 PM)

I see.
However, that does not address my concern about damaged DVD/CD, especially later. I will, as a matter of course, make a backup - or better - two. Still ...

Hope I can download all patches and "goodies" without problems? (I think I can, just want to make sure for the benefit of other readers of this thread).

And finally: a very big thank you to you, Erik, for your patience and alertness.
I am definitely confused about how you can handle all the issues brought up here and in other threads, and still manage to play Witp/AE (I know you do from you postings). Congratulations and again thank you very much.

Rainer -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:44:00 PM)

HSV?
Not in the ships list.
Harbour Support Vessel may be? [:D]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 7:49:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer
However, that does not address my concern about damaged DVD/CD, especially later. I will, as a matter of course, make a backup - or better - two. Still ...

Definitely make a backup, that's the best solution in this case.

quote:

Hope I can download all patches and "goodies" without problems? (I think I can, just want to make sure for the benefit of other readers of this thread).

Absolutely.

quote:

And finally: a very big thank you to you, Erik, for your patience and alertness.
I am definitely confused about how you can handle all the issues brought up here and in other threads, and still manage to play Witp/AE (I know you do from you postings). Congratulations and again thank you very much.

I have not been sleeping much... [;)]

Wolfpack1 -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 8:10:13 PM)

Hi Oliver,

about 30 minutes of the match gone and what can we see.............
Duesseldorf 2 Hamburg 1.

Sorry just kidding.

Regards
Oliver

sval062 -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 8:14:57 PM)

Now that UK is sending AE, the question is:
How many days needed by this little box to cross the Channel?

I am not too optimistic since a successful crossing happened once in 1066 but since then, all those who tried lamentably failed....[8|][:D]

Wolfpack1 -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 8:22:05 PM)

Sval,

same here, order status says "Backordered" though in the detailed list
of products ordered it states "Shippable".

But I don´t mind, bought DL, too, having a good time learning and exploring
this monster.

Hope we all will receive boxed copies soon.

Regards
Oliver

ckammp -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 8:52:00 PM)

deleted

V22 Osprey -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 8:52:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

It was not our choice to delay shipment, we're doing everything we can to speed it up and unfortunately by ordering a new game from a re-seller you will almost always get an additional delay because they get their first orders sent at the same time we send orders to our direct customers. Why not order digital + physical so you can download and play now while you wait for the shipment?

Well, I wanted the boxed copy for AE, but ordering from NWS was the only I could afford it, as they have a much cheaper price for the boxed copy.NWS sells the boxed copy for the price of your Download only price, I want a full color printed manual but if I got the download only I would have to print it myself, and I've heard it costing nearly $200 to print.Why go through all that when I can get the boxed for $80 at NWS?

Well, I'm off to play War plan orange.....maybe that will keep my mind off things...

sdevault -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 9:49:10 PM)

Who's NWS?

Doesn't matter....Either way I'm screwed. I can't download....Must have box![:@]

But,

I am waiting patiently...[8|]

wworld7 -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 10:18:13 PM)

It is a good place to buy wargames.

That said, by not buying directly from Matrix there will be some delay in receiving product as they have to get it before they can ship to you.

Some people do not understand import/export laws, nor the reasons for them and are upset at the delay in receiving WITP-AE.

That is fine, but after expressing it once repeating it is pointless. Matrix is doing everything possible to get the orders out (from Erik's posts this is obvious) and in short order life will be good for all WITP-AE-ers.

V22 Osprey -> RE: Physical Shipment Status (8/3/2009 10:39:55 PM)

quote:

That said, by not buying directly from Matrix there will be some delay in receiving product as they have to get it before they can ship to you.

That's what I've been saying....

quote:

Some people do not understand import/export laws, nor the reasons for them and are upset at the delay in receiving WITP-AE.

Thank you, I assume by ''some people'' you mean me.

quote:

That is fine, but after expressing it once repeating it pointless. Matrix is doing everything possible to get the orders out (from Erik's posts this is obvious) and in short order life will be good for all WITP-AE-ers.

That's fine, but I was expecting more first class service(Missing a ''printed in china'' isn't good service at all) for a game we paid $80-$100 for.

Anyway, I'm not arguing, I'm just saying...

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI