combat mission (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Dave S -> combat mission (10/29/2000 1:48:00 PM)

Congratulations on one of the great games on ww2! SPWAW Ive Been Gaming since Tactics 2 and am an amateur historian of the period as Im sure many of you are. A word of warning for budget minded gamers,Combat Mission is not done.My longtime bachelor (no budget)gaming buddy bought it and we put it through the test,it did not pass.I knew something was wrong when the manual described it as a groundbreaking game.Er,Panzer Strike ring a bell?pllleeaase save it for the ads.Tanks with Los thru buildings? PONG was able to delineate a rectangle.And the Rat Patrol Mg jeeps are a howl.Aim from a fast moving jeep?its all you can do to stay in it!Yes we got the patch,but incredible hip shots ruined virtually all of our head to head games.They have a long way to go to be half the game Panzer Strike was.Maybe CM2.Play Spwaw for ww2 and buy Shogun. ------------------ the worst

Paul Lakowski -> (10/29/2000 10:46:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Dave S: Congratulations on one of the great games on ww2! SPWAW Ive Been Gaming since Tactics 2 and am an amateur historian of the period as Im sure many of you are. A word of warning for budget minded gamers,Combat Mission is not done.My longtime bachelor (no budget)gaming buddy bought it and we put it through the test,it did not pass.I knew something was wrong when the manual described it as a groundbreaking game.Er,Panzer Strike ring a bell?pllleeaase save it for the ads.Tanks with Los thru buildings? PONG was able to delineate a rectangle.And the Rat Patrol Mg jeeps are a howl.Aim from a fast moving jeep?its all you can do to stay in it!Yes we got the patch,but incredible hip shots ruined virtually all of our head to head games.They have a long way to go to be half the game Panzer Strike was.Maybe CM2.Play Spwaw for ww2 and buy Shogun.
I have had a number of issues about the details in the CM game. My main study is armor and projectile Tech, and also a minor in WW-2 history [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]. In discussing some of the percieved problems it became apparent BTS has some very destinct views that can't be changed by any amount of 'facts'. But I guess there are alot of CMs here so we're probably steping on some toes, maybe you should go to there Dgroup 'Battlefront' at .... http://www.battlefront.com/ I guess this is not the place to discuss this, any way I got SPWAW so theres no need for CM or CM-2 .

Dave S -> (10/30/2000 4:54:00 AM)

Only reason I would post here is because a discriminating shopper of this genre would come here sooner or later.The CM site has mostly those who have already purchased the game or will buy for eye candy.I post here as a consumer opinion,not for the CM folks. They already know what they built, dont they?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI