any idea why my ships will not attack? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

JohnDillworth -> any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 8:00:30 PM)

Caught the AI trying to take Baker. actually, they took it but I broke off my Canton invasion to challenge them. MY CV's failed to attack (planes are set to ship attack, 20 % search). Nothing. Maybe it's raining, but the scout planes all reported spotting the jap ships. still no attack. for 4 days. Invasion takes place and I retake the island. still no attack. So I break off my cruisers and set them to react. They just sit there and do nothing. So, I have a surface combat task force in the same hex as jap ships. I have a fully loaded air combat task force a few hexes away that continually spots the ships. Not attack for 5 strait days.
Bug?

JohnDillworth -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 8:01:06 PM)

screen shot

[image]local://upfiles/31520/CDE9537B3CD64AE3967CCFFAF7D411EB.jpg[/image]

John Lansford -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 8:08:38 PM)

Maybe they are negotiating a surrender?

khyberbill -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 8:51:23 PM)

Your ships are on the se side and the Japanese are on the ne side. That has to be it or the game is broken.

JohnDillworth -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 9:08:42 PM)

surface ships attacked after 7 days. Air Combat never attacked.
Bug

Justascratch -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 9:10:51 PM)

That is scary. If this situation was happening in WITP you would defininately have had a combat (several actually).

treespider -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 9:36:05 PM)

John do you have saves available?

Rob Brennan UK -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 10:20:03 PM)

Just a thought but ..

Were the japanese using barges to invade ?

as in WitP a/c set to naval attack didnt attack barges (not sure of the situation in AE tho)

JohnDillworth -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 11:48:45 PM)

Sorry ,
didn't keep the saves. Should have becuase this was not right. Next time

thunar -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/4/2009 11:50:30 PM)

I have had some strange things happen at Baker, and only Baker. I had a PT Boat squadron there, I was unable to split them into two, and when I disbanded the squadron, there was no Anchor on the main map to show ships anchored there. However, when I clicked on the Flag Icon and went into the base screen, I was able to click the anchor icon there and see the ships.

Edit: This also happened with a Replenishment TF I had hanging out there. I disbanded them yet no anchor icon on the map, but they were selectable if one went into the base screen then port screen. Again, this only happened at Baker and not any other base on the map.

Avenger -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/5/2009 3:01:01 AM)

I have had ldozens of ship combats end up not producing any results because both groups have decided to evade, but don't think I have ever had two groups in the same hex and not spit out something. Sometimes I send 15 destroyers and meet 10 transport ships and I think, I have you now, but both groups will break off combat for some odd reason. I think that is just plain wrong.

Iridium -> RE: any idea why my ships will not attack? (8/5/2009 3:25:21 AM)

Note to self, at Baker there be Dragons.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI