Tomorrow ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

sabre100 -> Tomorrow ? (8/10/2009 9:35:31 PM)

Will this be released tommorrow ? Come on I know it's ready it takes a day to build a windows installer package. :) Matrix don't hold out on us.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/11/2009 8:09:34 AM)

I will have to keep my mouth shut, any way I even try to answer that, I will get in trouble with somebdoy :)

but

No, I wouldn't expect it to be out tomorrow

Terminus -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/11/2009 4:28:04 PM)

I think it's amazing that people STILL think that Matrix would "hold out on them" when it comes to releasing games. Saw the same thing with AE...[8|]

sabre100 -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/11/2009 7:34:28 PM)

Actually majority of companies have games and or software build and in gold state and ready to go but won't release it for various reasons until X date. This is common practice and has been going on which I am sure you are well aware off. Now I can't speak to Matrix but I am betting with WITP:AE just released they want that game to be new for at least a month before they release another game and help with sales. Some companies hold out until release date as they want to hype the game more, or because of some marketing event or many other reasons. Good Example most companies release their games on Tuesday. Do you think the game is done and ready for download or retail same day? Look at Halo games for example they were sitting in Ebgames/GameStop closests in each store for a few days before the "Launch Date". I am sure it was done at least a week if not more in advance. Look at Windows 7 it is out already but you can't buy it until Oct 22nd. Sure it takes time to package it up but almost 2 months just to package it up? I dont' think so they had a set launch date and will release it that day. Technically they could start selling Windows 7 now if they choose to. This practice applies to many software/movie companies.

tgb -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/11/2009 7:57:17 PM)

Not just WitPAE, but HoI 3 as well - two major WW II strategy games in the last month. I'm sure Matrix would want to wait for the market to grow back up again

Crocky -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/11/2009 10:00:35 PM)

Nah there not that mean .... I mean how long have most of us been following this with eager anticipation [:)]

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/12/2009 2:28:42 AM)

come on guys, you sound like Fox from X-files

unless they playing a game on me, I am still waiting for my game to come back, so I can finish the last set of tests on it (that is the short one, the best one :)

Gargantou -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/12/2009 6:42:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

come on guys, you sound like Fox from X-files

unless they playing a game on me, I am still waiting for my game to come back, so I can finish the last set of tests on it (that is the short one, the best one :)

Glad to hear it! I can't believe how long I've been following the game, I started when I was about to enter secondary education, now I'm an adult heh!

Ironically, it was hearing about this game that made me buy the old BTR and BoB off eBay :)

I would challenge you to a PBEM game when it's out Sarge, but if my experience with BTR is any indication, I'd probably get my Stuka's handed to me on a dinnerplate, with a sallad of embarassment.:(

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/12/2009 11:59:37 AM)

Swift, Tanker and Kev are maybe better bets, they may be able to be much more active then I will be

but I will say, afterall this time, I am ready for a game, instead of running a test !

but, as I get yelled at for

it will be done sooner then you think, just not as soon as you would like :)

sauro brusch -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/12/2009 11:16:08 PM)

Tomorrow? i hope ...but when is tomorrow? Do you know?[&:][:D]

jcjordan -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/13/2009 12:34:37 AM)

Tomorrow is tomorrow as today is today & yesterday is yesterday but today is tomorrow's yesterday & yesterday is yesterday's today [:D]

Patience is a virtue grasshopper

tblersch -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/14/2009 1:26:31 AM)

I'm actually really busy at work right now, and don't have time to play. If you could hold off release until...oh, October or November, I'd really appreciate it.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/14/2009 1:11:03 PM)

mood I am in right now, I may just take you up on that

but then I think Sulu Seas would come hunting for me !!!!

Twilight2k3 -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/14/2009 3:56:04 PM)

Really looks like you've done an outstanding job here. I'll be one of the first in line for this. I've been watching the old 12 O'Clock High tv series and am really looking forward to missing my family when this is released.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/14/2009 4:08:21 PM)

sounds like a good way to get ready for it

wish I would get some info, so I could pass on what is going on, but it is mushroom time around here

(I think I can say that with out getting in trouble ?)

Dixie -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/14/2009 5:08:27 PM)

quote:

wish I would get some info, so I could pass on what is going on, but it is mushroom time around here

Ah, I know that feeling all too well [:D]

joey -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/14/2009 11:30:13 PM)

quote:

Well eat the mushrooms and release the game. It is Woodstock Day!

AttuWatcher -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/15/2009 8:39:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

Tomorrow is tomorrow as today is today & yesterday is yesterday but today is tomorrow's yesterday & yesterday is yesterday's today [:D]

Patience is a virtue grasshopper

but which day is release day?

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/15/2009 9:59:16 AM)

hmmm, how to say this...

we on the bussiness side of things now

so we are in the getting the stuff done on there end, all of this will get confusing (which is why I get to do the telling)

we need the installer, we need the Manual to make the installer for Gold, with out one, you don't get the other

once they get the Gold master, then they will be more willing to talk date and price

so, best guess is, we are weeks away yet

the trick is, how many ?

and, without eating a bunch of the mushrooms and gaining some "insight" I can not begin to tell you how many it will be

TechSgt -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/16/2009 6:33:44 AM)

HS;

OK...

Fedex delivered my new computer this weekend. [sm=happy0065.gif]
So now you can release the game! [;)]

TS

SuluSea -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/16/2009 3:21:33 PM)

Everyday I log in hoping I see some gold.[:)] Hoping this thing will be out for my birthday in mid September, if it isn't I'll take one to the chin and buy it anyway. [;)] Good luck with the release Sarge it looks super.

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/16/2009 3:36:29 PM)

1st week of Sept I on Vaction, was hopeing it would hit before or as, so I could sit in the forum and post replies all day

a shame, I was really hoping to have it out with the game dates (BoB is Aug 13th, BTR is Aug 17th for the start, would of be nice to have them hit togeather with the release)

best I can do, with out saying things I am not suppost to talk about, is, it is in the pipeline, and everything is green, just got to get though the pipeline, and that can take longer then people think

one reason, I never wanted to give out any kinds of dates or timelines, I can't control theirs (heck had enough trouble controlling ours)

figures got about 280 bucks worth of books the last week or so, and they are great (I always wanted some of the books by Prien, but they were either only in German, or collectors copies, and couldn't afford them, found two on sale, got them to give a slight discount on the 3rd one, and say what the hey and got the 4th one also (for research, I needed the index :), 5th book is by Foreman)

LOL, I got 6 book cases in the living room, and a ton of books stacked on the couch and side table, and there are more books upstairs then down

oh well, got some touch up to do

sauro brusch -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/17/2009 1:45:18 PM)

quote:

1st week of Sept I on Vaction, was hopeing it would hit before or as, so I could sit in the forum and post replies all day

a shame, I was really hoping to have it out with the game dates (BoB is Aug 13th, BTR is Aug 17th for the start, would of be nice to have them hit togeather with the release)
I also hoped .......but, NISBA, NIX, NEIN, NO,[&:] but tomorrow is another day and i hope....[&o]

best I can do, with out saying things I am not suppost to talk about, is, it is in the pipeline, and everything is green, just got to get though the pipeline, and that can take longer then people think

one reason, I never wanted to give out any kinds of dates or timelines, I can't control theirs (heck had enough trouble controlling ours)

figures got about 280 bucks worth of books the last week or so, and they are great (I always wanted some of the books by Prien, but they were either only in German, or collectors copies, and couldn't afford them, found two on sale, got them to give a slight discount on the 3rd one, and say what the hey and got the 4th one also (for research, I needed the index :), 5th book is by Foreman)

LOL, I got 6 book cases in the living room, and a ton of books stacked on the couch and side table, and there are more books upstairs then down

oh well, got some touch up to do

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/17/2009 2:11:28 PM)

you know (a little off topic, but I was talking about books and stuff)

you know, maybe I just have bad/odd luck, but greesh, come on already

I already told you all about my computer

now, I seen the 4th Vol of 2nd Tac by Shores was being announced, you could preorder it

waited a while, then in early feb I pro-odered it

as it gets close to release, I get emails saying, it been pushed back, do I still want it, yes, finally, I get a email, saying they can't find it, and are closing the order

so, while looking, I see that the book is still on pre-order, but people are selling it used ?

I happened to notice it again, yesterday, so looked, and it is in stock !

now, I am not sure, do I have order, do I not have a order, what, so wrote to them

a little while later, they wrote back, saying the reason they closed out the order was they couldn't get the book, and since they can't get the book, they can't sell it to me, to be nice, they give me a 5 dollar discount for the next thing I buy from them, so I go back, and buy the book, I been waiting for, as it is in stock ?

sooooo, I get a 5 dollar discount to buy a book they can't sell me, and use that discount to buy the same book (it shipped this morning)

I guess the part, where I told them, they had it in stock, went over there heads

AttuWatcher -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/17/2009 10:07:08 PM)

I predict the strange bad luck will continue until BOB/BTR is released  [sm=00000622.gif]

Justascratch -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/19/2009 7:37:11 PM)

Just one more resason I've been investing in UPS stock over the last four years. They get a piece of most on-line purchases and are only dependent on stores knowing what's in stock in order to keep growing!

Crocky -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/21/2009 9:25:08 AM)

Tis very quiet .....the calm before the storm ?????

Hard Sarge -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/21/2009 12:43:54 PM)

well, how many times do you want me to say, I can't say anything ?

it is much easier to respound to something then to talk about something, if you are not sure anybody wants to hear it or not !

LOL

bad week at works so far, get home from work, the AC is down, blew the circit breaker on the power cord, which also knocked out my computer, get those up and running, sit down to read my mail, and notice I got blood pouring out of my mouth

lol, have you ever done that, be playing a game, and be so intent on what is going on, on the screen, that you don't noticing your nose is bleeding ?, did that once, thought I was getting the sniffles, was a little upset, as I didn't have a cold when I got home, look down at the keyboard, and my hands are covered in blood, along with the keyboard, front of my shirt is soaked, along with my beard

figured, I should save the game at that point, and go check the showers, had blood pouring out of my nose, popped a vein in my nose, took about a hour in the shower to clean and stop the blood flow, looked like someone had been murdered in the bathroom

SuluSea -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/21/2009 2:36:18 PM)

HS, recommend getting some Afrin asap and using it. Afrin helps constrict the blood vessels. I had the same problem with my nose from the dryness in the air. I use a combination of Afrin and a saline based nasal spray. The last thing you want to happen is a hemmorage and have to go to the hospital and get your nose packed.

Weatherman -> RE: Tomorrow ? (8/21/2009 3:43:24 PM)

So while we are tapping our toes waiting, what are the key things the team is proud of in this new version? Many moons ago you guys started with some ideas, how about a little insight into the ups and downs along the way?

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI