Axis capabilities, Allies entering war timeline and best beginner country? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided

tellville -> Axis capabilities, Allies entering war timeline and best beginner country? (8/11/2009 12:14:05 AM)

Just some questions I have.

1. Is it possible for the Axis to conquer London? How about landing and holding the US? If possible, are these goals even worth pursuing?

2. Is Russia entering the war or the US entering the war on the allies side inevitable? I think I read in the FAQ that it is, but I'm not sure how up-to-date the faq is and whether any new updates have changed that possibility.

3. To learn the game is it better to start as the Allies or the Axis and is it better to start as one country or the whole team?

Uncle_Joe -> RE: Axis capabilities, Allies entering war timeline and best beginner country? (8/11/2009 1:53:17 AM)

1) Yes, its quite possible to conquer London, particularly against the AI. It's not easy, but I've done it a handful of times in single player and once or twice in multiplayer when the WAllies got cute.

2) Yes, Russian and US entry is pretty inevitable. You wont be able to win an auto-victory without taking territory that they own so I can't see any way to end the game prior to their involvement.

3) I think it depends on your comfort zone. Personally I find Japan to be the hardest country to learn. They have a LOT of advance planning that has to be done or else they will sputter when they enter the war. Germany is a good country to start with as is Russia IMO.

tellville -> RE: Axis capabilities, Allies entering war timeline and best beginner country? (8/11/2009 1:59:50 AM)

quote:

1) Yes, its quite possible to conquer London, particularly against the AI. It's not easy, but I've done it a handful of times in single player and once or twice in multiplayer when the WAllies got cute.

How about landing in the US? Is that a goal that should be even considered?

Uncle_Joe -> RE: Axis capabilities, Allies entering war timeline and best beginner country? (8/12/2009 4:06:10 AM)

I dont think thats a realistic goal. MAYBE if you are playing multi-player and your opponent falls asleep at the wheel. :)

Honestly I do recall some people claiming to invade the Western US as Japan, but honestly I just cant see it happening unless your opponent was a rank amateur.

tellville -> RE: Axis capabilities, Allies entering war timeline and best beginner country? (8/12/2009 4:15:26 AM)

Thanks for the replies! They've been most helpful!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI