Perfect defense vs AI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Zarquon -> Perfect defense vs AI (10/31/2000 3:20:00 AM)

One rainy night in the summer of '42 my German strike force was assaulted by the Soviets. Realising my 88's would loose their long range advantage (vis 8), I decided to get creative with some fixed defenses... Worked great. Decisive victory by turn 5, score 3346-0. No shots fired [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

hhsohn -> (10/31/2000 5:44:00 AM)

Geez, I wish it was that easy. In my second battle as Germans against Russians in Babarossa, my forces ran into an infantry force supported by platoon each of KV-1, KV-2, T-34, and some light tanks. Visibility's down to 4 in this rainy night, and I only got one 88 no prime mover big enough for it. Not that it would've helped in this kinda visibility. Casualties are surprisingly light so far, but one of my PzIII platoon's been hit hard. I managed to separate the infantry with artillery fire, and all of their tanks are knocked out except for KV's. About half of them are immobilized, with my infantry stalking the rest. It's gonna hurt mopping up...

Toey -> (10/31/2000 6:52:00 AM)

A truck load of mines I take it?

Zarquon -> (10/31/2000 3:17:00 PM)

Nope, just 5 hexes with mines... And a lot more with obstacles and barbed wire. Frontline looked something like this: ------------- ------------------- ..............XXXXX........... ..............-----........... x= mines -= obstacle+ barbed wire. Poor AI tried to shove all his troops through that gap in the middle [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] [This message has been edited by Zarquon (edited October 31, 2000).]

Zarquon -> (10/31/2000 3:21:00 PM)

Hope it's clear. ASCII art is a bit tricky with proportional letters.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI