Distance Naval Unit Can Travel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

MemoryLeak -> Distance Naval Unit Can Travel (6/7/2002 5:50:19 AM)

How does endurace equate to hexes that can be traversed? I don't seem to understand how many total hexes a unit can move on the amount of endurance it has remaining. Can anyone clear this up? I am constantly sending ships like SC's out to far and it takes them forever to return because their endurance is at 0.

von Murrin -> (6/7/2002 7:30:08 AM)

For SC's and other short range craft, don't let them go beyond 12 hexes with a convoy, and no farther than 6 when able to move at full speed. I don't know precisely how endurance works either, but take a look at the relationship between the fuel loadouts and endurance of the various classes in the ship database, and after some play, you'll develop a decent feel for it. :)

jive1 -> (6/7/2002 7:41:57 AM)

9.15 It seems the endurance used is 30 * the number of hexes moved with a few additions due to speed.
As Von Murrin says I think it's something you will get a feel for after a few games

Erik Rutins -> Short range ships... (6/7/2002 9:46:06 AM)

You can send SCs out for longer trips, but only with ships like APs, DDs and such that will refuel them at sea when they run low.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI