Pilot Cap Issue MUST READ (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

AirGriff -> Pilot Cap Issue MUST READ (8/12/2009 7:09:18 PM)

Want a great reason to buy AE? My opponent and I just got bit by the pilot cap issue. Basically, the game has a limit of how many active pilots you have (pilots actually in a unit). Hit that limit and the game engine sweeps all the air units and takes a large number of pilots away--like the rapture, they're just gone. Not a huge deal for the allies, but devastating to the IJ. For me, I needed to decimate a lot of my existing units and many of the incoming reinforcements. My opponent would have had to do the same. We could have made it work, but it altered the game so much we bagged it.

There are various reasons we hit that limit, but hit it we did. It was a game stopper. Almost 3 years of play shot down the ol' toilet. Conveniently timed to AE, however.

The reason for this post is not to complain, but to fire a flare for those of you knee deep in a WitP game. You have to get WitP tracker and keep the levels of your pilots down. I'm not sure what the cap is. I've heard 30,000 and I've heard 20,000 each side. This is NOT what you have in the pilot pools. It is the active pilots actually in units.

If you catch this soon enough, hopefully you can address it before anything drastic is required.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI