JFB Planning map (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

PzB74 -> JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 9:00:06 PM)

1.5 x 1m WitP AE JFB Planning map! [:D]
Cost me almost as much as the game, but who cares - this is a must for any wannabe Admirals map table [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/1466/135DF02B9E704B0CA47A1AB5BDFFA9F4.jpg[/image]

aprezto -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 9:05:54 PM)

Good lord, and now the poor lady has to put up with it on the coffee table for the next 4 years [:D]

Who's the unlucky recipient of this PzB planning master stroke?

Jensemann -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 9:19:20 PM)

A german medal on the table?:P

Knavey -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 9:26:01 PM)

Germans are in AE...one of those surprises that await you!

Erik Rutins -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 9:34:22 PM)

Fabulous.

denisonh -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 10:01:13 PM)

Not me. Got my bruising in the UV days and was pretty well traumatized.

Whoever it is, look forward to reading the AAR!

Gotta get my own planning map now that PzB has set the standard......
quote:

ORIGINAL: aprezto

Good lord, and now the poor lady has to put up with it on the coffee table for the next 4 years [:D]

PzB74 -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 10:29:48 PM)

The missus gave me the "evil eye" when I brought in the map Al [;)]

Actually, Isoroku Yamamoto was the sole non-German combatant to be honoured with the Swords to the Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves. Otherwise I'm still a bit low on authentic WWII Jap military effects...

Not started a new game yet, takes 3 months to catch up on the all the forum threads and go through the OOB [8|] Need to study the details carefully cause Allied Edition of WitP isn't exactly a cake walk for JFB's!

Sure you're not up for a rematch Denisonh [:)]

Sonny II -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 10:45:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: denisonh

quote:

If he whupped you and you whupped me I guess I don't even want to take a chance on playing him.[X(]

Gotta find me a n00b.

PzB74 -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 10:54:34 PM)

Denisonh is way to modest, he just had some bad luck with his bird farms way back in the UV days[:)]

Cuttlefish -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 11:05:49 PM)

Ooh, that's very nice! I am filled with envy.

I don't know if AE will favor either AFBs or JFBs. But I think it will certainly favor CTPFBs (Careful Thorough Planning Fanboys) and Pzb looks to be setting the standard here, as he always has. Whoever plays him is going to have his hands full.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/12/2009 11:30:50 PM)

Wow..that is nice. That needs to go on a wall with some plastic before somebody drops their chili dog on it.

How much error is introduced by just using a pair of calipers to estimate distances for planning purposes? In other words, as the hexagon-based path is not linear in some directions, how much is the average error if you calculate an average linear distance on the map corresponding to one hex and extrapolate by walking the calipers across the map?

SteveD64 -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/13/2009 12:08:47 AM)

Whoa, you need some little wooden ships and airplanes to place on that map. Preferably with your wife moving them around with a miniature shuffle board pusher while you stand on a balcony about eight feet above the table, eyes peering down, one hand gripped to the railing and the other clutching a small porcelain cup of sake watching as the progress reports come in.

stuman -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/13/2009 12:08:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PzB

1.5 x 1m WitP AE JFB Planning map! [:D]
Cost me almost as much as the game, but who cares - this is a must for any wannabe Admirals map table [:D]

[image]local://upfiles/1466/135DF02B9E704B0CA47A1AB5BDFFA9F4.jpg[/image]

Think you have inspired me to get over to Kinkos/Fed Ex this weekend and get one for myself.

Local Yokel -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/13/2009 1:53:04 AM)

I tried loading the Planning Map into Paint.Net which promptly threw a wobbly.  Had to scale it down a bit before I could get Paint.Net to take it, but once I succeeded I could use different layers in the app.'s native format to create/remove details of my diabolical plans...  [sm=00000612.gif]

aprezto -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/13/2009 2:09:49 AM)

Oh man, tell me about it. I couldn't sleep at night for want of disembodied Scandanavian laughter.

'PzB' was a new four letter word... I'm trying to teach it to my son so others wont know he's cussing.

However, the email repartee used to be hilarious.

quote:

quote:

denisonh -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/13/2009 7:41:39 PM)

Hey Sonny,
That was soooooo long ago. I KNOW you are a better player now. OF course, with AE it is a whole new ballgame.[:D]
Start your first PBEM yet? I remember we started a PBEM within a week of WitP's release in July 2004. Never even played a single turn against the AI and we went to spring of 43 in that one IIRC.

PzB: If I was I was up to a rematch, I would do it soon, but due to work cannot commit to doing more than 3-7 turns a week currently, as I know that I would also have to do an AAR (In addition to being your whipping boy I would have to document the AAR as well......)

Not to mention I need to have my own 1 x 1.5M planning board first......

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny II

quote:

quote:

If he whupped you and you whupped me I guess I don't even want to take a chance on playing him.[X(]

Gotta find me a n00b.

Reg -> RE: JFB Planning map (8/13/2009 9:15:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

I tried loading the Planning Map into Paint.Net which promptly threw a wobbly.  Had to scale it down a bit before I could get Paint.Net to take it, but once I succeeded I could use different layers in the app.'s native format to create/remove details of my diabolical plans...  [sm=00000612.gif]

The Gimp (www.gimp.org) handles it OK.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI