Loadmasters should be SHOT (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

MKSheppard -> Loadmasters should be SHOT (6/7/2002 9:27:16 AM)

Lost an invasion of Gilli Gilli with 10,000 casualties, because
my loadmasters wouldn't let me unload an additional 10,000 troops
onto Gilli Gilli, b/c my TF had some SUPPLIES onthem along with
troops......GRRRRRRRR

PATCH FIX, you should be able to unload supplies onto contested
BASES, to represent supplying your men with ammo.

von Murrin -> (6/7/2002 9:35:26 AM)

Not sure I understand you. All but a very small amount of troops are unloaded before the supplies hit the beach, and you [I]can[/I] send resupply convoys to unload at contested bases.

Normally, if a base is that well defended, (I'm assuming your 10k were outnumbered 2:1, as that's about the least it would take to wipe out 10k of invaders) you're better off landing in an adjacent hex and marching in. Unless you're capable of bringing at least 4 times the total number of defenders, in which case enough troops will unload immediately to prevent that kind of overrun.

mogami -> WHose Job? (6/7/2002 10:25:22 AM)

Hi, Computer or yours? Several methods to place supply on beach with landings. Make TF order to load troops, make another TF order to load supply. Now combine or order supply TF to follow troop TF. If you use more ships to load troops it means fewer troops per ship (and faster unload)

vils -> TRy this (6/7/2002 4:41:01 PM)

Ein Force. Send all you got at the same time, with surface bombardments and all, ignore the losses.

Adjacent hexes is not worth it, as you loose as many ships anyways..

I have not tried this on a 60.000+ enemy bases yet though :)

Ron Saueracker -> Vils (6/7/2002 4:51:53 PM)

Explains why Sweden is such a superpower!:D Can't say much living in Canada, can I?:rolleyes:

HARD_SARGE -> (6/7/2002 6:04:50 PM)

don't sell yourself short mate, you guys have had your fair share of landings, and did a very good job of most of them

HARD_Sarge

howdy Vils, we a long way from our home it looks like

Echo -> I did (6/7/2002 9:48:42 PM)

I'm wondering if you had one or more transports in your landing force that were loaded with supplies only, and no troops. That may be what gave you the problem. Split it off, and the rest of your ships with troops should unload with no problem.

MKSheppard -> An Update (6/7/2002 10:03:26 PM)

OK, the landings were wiped out to the last man, because
I could not get my TF to unload troops onto the contested
hex.....It's very very annoying...to have a 10,000 man reinforcement
force standing offshore and not being able to land because
transports are carrying supplies in addition to troops....

They need to fix this in the patch, fix it so only troops can be loaded
when you say "load troops"

mogami -> Landings (6/7/2002 11:33:34 PM)

Hi, Troops do unload first.

HMSWarspite -> Re: An Update (6/8/2002 1:11:56 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MKSheppard
[B]OK, the landings were wiped out to the last man, because
I could not get my TF to unload troops onto the contested
hex.....It's very very annoying...to have a 10,000 man reinforcement
force standing offshore and not being able to land because
transports are carrying supplies in addition to troops....

They need to fix this in the patch, fix it so only troops can be loaded
when you say "load troops" [/B][/QUOTE]

No you don't need this. If supplies aren't loaded as well as troops 'around the edges', this would mean yet more detailed staff work (mouse clicking) for the simplest thing. I don't know why your troops woundn't unload, but it wasn't the supplies - as Mogami says, I have routinely had troops and suplies in the same TF, and the troops get off first. Are you sure that it wasn't just 'beach unloading' which can be painfully slow?

Sonny -> (6/8/2002 1:41:26 AM)

I have had a similar problem. I get the message "supplies cannot be unloaded in a enemy port" (or something to that effect) and the TF (which has retirement allowed so it can get out ASAP) goes sailing back home with some troops still aboard. A lot of the troops had been landed but there were still a few on board.:(

Mark W Carver -> (6/8/2002 2:40:09 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonny
I have had a similar problem. I get the message "supplies cannot be unloaded in a enemy port" (or something to that effect) and the TF (which has retirement allowed so it can get out ASAP) goes sailing back home with some troops still aboard. A lot of the troops had been landed but there were still a few on board.:( [/QUOTE]

When I invaded Gili Gili directly at the port (not the beach to the north), which consisted of 3 infantry brigades, a HQ unit plus an engineer battalion as well as supplies put into the excess holds of the AP's, everything unloaded fine for me. I believe I did have my TF set to Patrol/Don Not Retire to make sure the TF stayed there and unloaded everything.

sw30 -> (6/8/2002 3:46:44 AM)

The message shows up when you do NOT have patrol/do not retire set up. This is because when you do that, the mission is just a straight forward transport mission. The computer will attempt to unload at the target base, and return to the home base. But a transport mission may only be done against a friendly base. (which is why I don't really like the message that pops up.) Set your transports to patrol/do not retire, and see if the same thing happens.

Jeff

Supervisor -> (6/8/2002 4:41:35 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonny
[B]I have had a similar problem. I get the message "supplies cannot be unloaded in a enemy port" (or something to that effect) and the TF (which has retirement allowed so it can get out ASAP) goes sailing back home with some troops still aboard. A lot of the troops had been landed but there were still a few on board.:( [/B][/QUOTE]
Were they AK or AP? The only time I've ever seen this occur (with the AI as Allied at Gili Gili -- I got there first :D ). They had supplies loaded on AKs and I saw that message appear when I sank the only APs in the group.

I didn't find anything specific on this in the manual, but it would be logical for it to be true. One of the reasons for AP vs. AK is the ability to offload troops in hostile conditions.

Just a thought. . .

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI